Ref Watch

Also we’ve talked about atmosphere, surely the VAR screen adds to that.

Maybe ask the question differently. Why won’t 2 of the richest clubs in the world comply?
Firstly they're not var screens, they are just simply "screens", used mostly for advertising and the like, and showing replays of important moments during the game (excluding var though).

All it does for those 2 clubs is deprive their fans seeing replays of important moments, and I'm not sure it's a "rule" about having them anyway.

As I don't go to either ground, I couldn't care less, I would if it had any affect on var, but they have to have a var screen for the official, and they do, sadly it seems to be rarely used, but that's a different conversation.

It’s still fairly simply

But ones where there’s a massive f*ck up like Rashford one - that’s where it seems messy or when the offside is really fractional

It shows how hard it is to be a lino and why we need VAR as we know for a fact how often Lino’s flag wrong nowadays - it’s being highlighted by VAR more than ever
VAR is fucked up for sure. The non-penalty when Gundo was fouled in the box against Wolves is another example. VAR needs to be improved.

VAR is fucked up for sure. The non-penalty when Gundo was fouled in the box against Wolves is another example. VAR needs to be improved.

Don’t disagree- it needs to improve, it’s not been great and there’s loads of controversy

But like you mentioned, there is hope it can always find ways to improve

Unlike the pre VAR officiating

So, correct me if I'm wrong.

You watch City games and believe that we're cheated upon - if not constantly, then I guess often? - occasionally? - when important? Beats me how often you think this is ongoing... Some sort of anti-City criminal referring bias is occurring, which hasn't been brought to justice... I guess is your belief.

Does the above capture your viewpoint?
You have one view, I have another. Enjoy that, I do, so no need to get personal.

Enjoy your afternoon, I need to sleep.

It’s still fairly simply

But ones where there’s a massive f*ck up like Rashford one - that’s where it seems messy or when the offside is really fractional

It shows how hard it is to be a lino and why we need VAR as we know for a fact how often Lino’s flag wrong nowadays - it’s being highlighted by VAR more than ever

So explain the thinking around Rashfords being allowed ?

Firstly they're not var screens, they are just simply "screens", used mostly for advertising and the like, and showing replays of important moments during the game (excluding var though).

All it does for those 2 clubs is deprive their fans seeing replays of important moments, and I'm not sure it's a "rule" about having them anyway.

As I don't go to either ground, I couldn't care less, I would if it had any affect on var, but they have to have a var screen for the official, and they do, sadly it seems to be rarely used, but that's a different conversation.

So no reason for a rule to have them then.

Whomever the ref for City v. Wolves - he was weak from the get-go - was it Johnathan Moss? Whatever...

At any rate this ref starts off by calling a bunch of ticky-tacky non-fouls upsetting both sides.

Then when Gundo is clearly fouled in the box for a penalty no-call. VAR apparently didn't even ask the ref to review the play - another fuck up.

I don't think that this is anti-city bias at all - it's just another example where refs - and in particular - VAR - need to improve. Rule changes probably need to occur to facilitate this.

Meanwhile Moss (assuming it was him in charge of our match) - is fucking wank. Needs to undergo instruction/improvement - hate to see him in charge of future P/L matches.

So explain the thinking around Rashfords being allowed ?

I’ve mentioned last few pages what a complete f*ck up that was and it was the totally wrong decision

There’s little point highlighting bad decisions and asking to explain as it’s always going to happen

Those links i posted of Man Utd fans in uproar over decisions that’s gone against them - would you really have the energy to explain why those fans are wrong ? Each and every one of those decisions are clearly just bad/wrong/marginal outcomes by the refs that have gone against them

But what are you actually doing to highlight this ‘corruption’ aside from venting on a forum ?

Every PL club has fans moaning on forums about refs/VAR decisions and feel aggrieved it goes against them all the time

Man Utd fans angered by VAR decisions

Many more examples for all clubs

You’re literally doing the same as other fans for all clubs that think officials are against them

If everyone actually boycotted the game because of this ‘corruption’ then no, they wouldn’t win and it would seriously have to be looked into

Until then it just carry’s on - fans for all clubs moaning about refs decisions and calling it ‘biased, ‘corrupt etc

Crowd out the noise, make it busy. Perfect way to allow corruption & a compliant press to go along.

Of course everyone complains but don’t tell me we are not refereed differently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.