Ref Watch

I'll be "there" when there's enough evidence for the FA or other governing bodies to take action/convict cheaters. Meanwhile, I'm not wearing a tin hat, thank you very much - and I trust in football governance in the P/L. Should you violently disagree - not sure why you're even watching the sport as according to this viewpoint it's fixed against us and is pointless to watch.

Again - I don't for a second believe the top level football is free of corruption at all. Too much money is involved and recent scandals in other countries prove the point.
The biggest scandal is the least you’d expect.

There won’t be one here, there’s far too much at stake, for all, for it to be unveiled.

That‘s why we accept it. Pep knows, he tells us all the time with his ‘Incredible’ statements, just that no club can call it out loud as they are well aware of the consequences.

It‘s good to be part of the highest revenue in the world, especially when you are the top dog. The biggest part of business, and politics, is understanding the unwritten rule, why would you call it out?

Again - you seem upset and convinced that corruption against us is occurring. Just stop watching football in this case. There's nothing that I can say to convince you otherwise and meanwhile you simply get pissed off every match we have something go against us.

What makes you say I’m upset?

I’m very aware of how corruption works & despite seeing it I’ve watched my club have its most successful period in its history. I also believe we’d have won far more without it.

If I stop watching it, they’ve won.

Corruption works by people accepting it. In the last 12 months I called out the CEO & exec team at my workplace for their “integrity” failure to apply the procedures & after 12 months of bullying & harassment (passive aggressive & humiliation) I resigned & have an ongoing legal case. If I win which will likely take another 2 years I’ll still have gained less than keeping quiet.

The biggest scandal is the least you’d expect.

There won’t be one here, there’s far too much at stake, for all, for it to be unveiled.

That‘s why we accept it. Pep knows, he tells us all the time with his ‘Incredible’ statements, just that no club can call it out loud as they are well aware of the consequences.

It‘s good to be part of the highest revenue in the world, especially when you are the top dog. The biggest part of business, and politics, is understanding the unwritten rule, why would you call it out?
Cheers. Due to the huge amount of money involved it's very possible that cheating and scandal is occurring even in the P/L.

That said - I believe in the average man. If ongoing corruption were in fact occurring, some honest man is bound to be approached. And he'd report it. And if no action occurred he'd take it further and further up the line - until action were taken.

If I were an official and were approached to fix a game I'd certainly report it. And wouldn't you too do so? - I rather think, even not knowing you, that you would.

I have faith in your fellow Englishmen - as honest, upright individuals, for the most part. Corruption might occur - but I think that this would be a short-term aberration.

As I've said above, you're free to take a very dim view and believe otherwise. But if so, I'd advise you to stop watching football - because it's only going to upset you when the inevitable mistake goes against us.

Last edited:
How long has VAR been in operation?

Why have 2 clubs still not got screens to show VAR?

Would Southampton & Fulham be treated the same?

They probably wouldn’t. But I don’t see how not having screens can give them any advantage. They’re forbidden from showing anything that might be considered controversial on them anyway.

Last time I saw a table, City were actually near or even possibly at the top for minutes in play this season.

The average for the Premier League is 54.49 minutes. City were up near an hour but can’t remember the exact figure. That Arsenal, Newcastle game the other week by contrast was down at 51.23.

Even that average of less than 55 minutes is higher than Germany, Italy and Spain though. But some people seem to think the answer to all our problems is importing referees from those leagues.
Probably because of how much we keep the ball in play and keep possession . If you really think the teams we play do the same and the refs do a good job at keeping the opposition in check them in very happy for you

How long has VAR been in operation?

Why have 2 clubs still not got screens to show VAR?

Would Southampton & Fulham be treated the same?
What difference do screens actually make ? We at the stadium very rarely get anything other the "VAR check...." on the screens, we almost never get replays unless the original decision stands. Replays are mostly shown for the TV audience sadly, and even then are manipulated by the TV companies. This united/liverpool no screens argument is a bit of a red herring for me.

Var has however changed, and is becoming ever more "subjective", ie "bent", meaning they can manipulate whatever they want in the var hut, and on TV sadly.

Probably because of how much we keep the ball in play and keep possession . If you really think the teams we play do the same and the refs do a good job at keeping the opposition in check them in very happy for you

I’m glad you’re happy for me. But I’ve actually said the exact opposite of that on numerous occasions.

They probably wouldn’t. But I don’t see how not having screens can give them any advantage. They’re forbidden from showing anything that might be considered controversial on them anyway.
That's not the point. Why should the two teams who play in red have one rule for them and one rule for everybody else?

Being swayed by the crowd is actually corruption.

It’s also human nature , I’ve seen a ref give a couple bad decisions against us, the crowd go absolutely berserk after and when we get a penalty appeal the ref thinks ‘f*ck’ and points to the spot - that’s why I support having VAR so it can take that psychological aspect away from the ref in these situations and give a clear verdict rather than a ref that’s been intimidated to give it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.