Ref Watch

Honestly I’m all for transparency but you really believe it will make those who think it’s all corrupt change their minds?

The ref would have ran over to the lino and chatted to him why he thought Rashford wasn't interfering and so the goal should stand - every word of that conversation would be scrutinised to the max and there will be pages and pages about every dialogue for every controversial decision

i just can’t see it satisfying and can see more people looking into the transcripts for ‘proof’ of corruption

Still, I’m for it.

He made a decision that no one playing or watching can believe & he did it without asking for support of VAR.

Now his boss no longer wants VAR used as much so was that his motivation instead of aiming to be 100% correct.

But then the obvious decision if your motivation is to not use VAR would be to go with the liners decision.

So he’s ignored 2 opportunities to get it right for the benefit of the home team.

I actually believe if he’d have spoken to VAR they’d have given the goal but not if it was for City.

That’s corruption.

I have a feeling Attwell gets the league cup final & then we’ll all know. More importantly his colleagues will know how to impress.

Last edited:
If you’d care to search my posts to find a single one where I’ve said I’m happy with the way referees control time wasting, you’ll be in for a long and fruitless search. You’ll find plenty where I’m banging on about ways to cut down on it though.
Ok mary mary

Just as an aside. My favourite is where most of the refs are giving us "an advantage", just after one of our players has had to avoid 3 scything defenders only to be faced with 5 more and no team mate in the vicinity.
Agreed. That colossal advantage gained by having your centre forward on the ground 60 yards from goal during a counter attack, with only two midfielders v five defenders and a goalie. A real gift that is.

It is an excuse not to give a free kick because then the fouls would mount up and the cards would have to come out.

Teams should be able to choose to have the free kick if they prefer it. A hand signal from the player with the ball for example. In our case, probably making a wanker sign at the ref.

VAR is evolving - eventually it will be AI driven and without bias at all. It will be instant. And it will be uniformly applied and inarguably correct.

Until such time, VAR is evolving. Better than pre-VAR right now... but still not at all close to perfect. We've been screwed lately by two VAR/rules bullshit calls (but we won against Wolves anyway so maybe we've been screwed by just one)...

Anyhow - I'm a big fan of VAR - let's eliminate human bias and make things fair. And let's speed up calls so that they're instant with zero need for review. AI will provide this within our lifetime.

No it won't.

Again - you seem upset and convinced that corruption against us is occurring. Just stop watching football in this case. There's nothing that I can say to convince you otherwise and meanwhile you simply get pissed off every match we have something go against us.

You need to stop telling people to give up watching football, seriously. This is one of the most stupid arguments against a conspiracy theory, and it's not just you. Thankfully, the others who used it as some sort of response have stopped for now.

I don't know if you are English, but if you are you will know it is impossible for most football fans to simply stop watching. It is more than a form of entertainment. It's a cultural thing. Supporting football defines to a great extent who you are. And in City's case, it has moulded people, the older people on here especially, into who they are.

It's not WWF or Big Brother.

By all means believe the game isn't corrupt, or believe it is, for all I care. But if I were you, I would leave this "stop watching" nonsense alone.

Just as an aside. My favourite is where most of the refs are giving us "an advantage", just after one of our players has had to avoid 3 scything defenders only to be faced with 5 more and no team mate in the vicinity.

What got me against Wolves, when he gave them advantage it didn’t work out so he pulled it back for the original foul.

Now I can’t ever remember that happening for us.

He made a decision that no one playing or watching can believe & he did it without asking for support of VAR.

Now his boss no longer wants VAR used as much so was that his motivation instead of aiming to be 100% correct.

But then the obvious decision if your motivation is to not use VAR would be to go with the liners decision.

So he’s ignored 2 opportunities to get it right for the benefit of the home team.

I actually believe if he’d have spoken to VAR they’d have given the goal but not if it was for City.

That’s corruption.

I have a feeling Attwell gets the league cup final & then we’ll all know. More importantly his colleagues will know how to impress.

On the same day - Ivan Toney grabs hold of a Bournemouth defender and drags him into the penalty area before falling down

Ivan Toney gets awarded the penalty

That is corruption

Can we say this for every very bad decision ? Or only when it’s against City ?

On the same day - Ivan Toney grabs hold of a Bournemouth defender and drags him into the penalty area before falling down

Ivan Toney gets awarded the penalty

That is corruption

Can we say this for every very bad decision ? Or only when it’s against City ?
I don’t think corruption starts & ends with City. I don’t think people are told to give a decision for x & be paid y.

Do I think City are involved ? Yes I do. If we had conclusive evidence in 2012 & kept quiet for the benefit of the brand as has been mentioned as it benefits us then we are involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.