Ref Watch

What we all need to realise is that corruption exists in the premier league , it always has and it always will. The trouble is the Premier league now openly feel that they can influence results in full public view because nobody can challenge them, and they are probably correct .City are going to have to produce a dossier of corruption so complete and irrefutable that it totally kills football as we know it in the uk and probably Europe, and do we really want to do that ? As a City fan I say bring it on but where would that leave us as a football club ? It seems that all we can do is keep highlighting the corruption and hope that other clubs begin to see the light and help to force change but I am not going to hold my breath .

The whole incident is farcical. There was a tackle by Fernandinho in the 2nd half where he got to the ball first, played the ball, only he touched the ball and it was a 100% clean tackle at speed, yet Moss, who really is a fat geriatric pretending to be a premier league referee, could not wait to blow his whistle. It's also staggering, now think about this, that the man in the VAR studio cannot get it right on whether the goalkeeper touched the ball, yet uses the same eyes and technology to decide the precise moment a pass is played during an offside query.

By letting Premier League Referees man the VAR, we have entrusted an already incompetent organisation with policing its own most controversial decisions with no comeback. It's frightening, it really is, and is so open to personal bias or agenda it's beyond the pale.

Last edited:
Touched it, didn’t touch it, it doesn’t matter for me!

Surely, the whole pretext for a foul CANNOT be that a player got the faintest of touches on the ball before clearing out a player?

We see this when a keeper comes out, dives at a players feet, gets a fingertip on the ball, but clears out the feet of the player with the dive!

Foul???

EVERYWHERE on the field, these interactions are a foul, often a yellow card! Look at Fernandinho’s yellow!!! It’s a joke!!!

I don’t know know how these narratives get started, but I’ve seen PLENTY of players “get the ball” and yet get sent off for a follow through.

Foden got cleaned out, but tried to stay on his feet for the goal. Anyone with ANY football experience KNOWS it was a penalty....which is why Miss didn’t give it, and Madley didn’t have the stones to send him to the VAR screen with a word in his ear!

VAR has become the weak protecting the insecure and bent!

That's the key. If he gets the ball and then breaks Foden's leg is it still no penalty?!

VAR is there to check for clear and obvious errors. It decided it couldn't see if McCarthy got the ball or not which is worrying, but also forgot to bother thinking whether that even mattered because he still cleared Foden out.

Nonsense.

No one is going to play honest where the refs set a policy of calling dives and not fouls. Moss/Atkinson (more so Atkinson imo) should be ashamed because this is a decision attackers will pay attention to.

Sure, there needs to be a structural change to VAR review so that it can be more than "clear & obvious errors" that are overturned. That's obvious.

But what I'm angry about with the decision is the fact that it was still a clear/obvious error that the pen wasn't given. Moss should have been made to watch that contact on screen (not from a Sky angle either).

Sky doing their bit as well. Only showing the pull from from one or two angles tops.
Not one view from behind the goal as that would obviously have have shown that the was little or no contact

I see the incmpetence vs corruption debate has reared its ugly head again. I'd say I'm in the incompetence camp as if it was corruption and with how bad we are at taking them if it was the latter then surely they would've awarded the penalty when the foul was made and not given Phil the chance to get up and score.
You'r totally choosing to ignore the clear fouls not given, the throw one x3 and corners X3 given the wrong way. And all against us. Incompetence would mean both sides were impacted. Corruption is clear.

Fair play to Souness for calling it out, no point getting angry about the officiating in this country anymore. The officials have been shit and completely out of their depth for years. Pep pointed to the numerous bad decisions over the last TWO weeks, we’re not talking about questionable decisions over a 2 year period, we’re talking about weeks. That for me just shows how gash they all are, if I kept fucking up at work every week I’d be gone, as would most, ‘officials’ are untouchable and always will be.

Not one view from behind the goal as that would obviously have have shown that the was little or no contact
To be fair, it was very clear from the angles that were shown. We’re over analysing it, it was a clear penalty with no contact and a therefore a huge mistake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.