Ref Watch

You didn't read my post correctly. That reply was typical of the majority of replies. Go have a look for yourself, the link is there.

I repeat, it is common practice for referees to caution players for persistent fouling (targeting) against one player, even if the cautioned player has only made one foul.
This is correct. I once cautioned a Spennymoor player for persistent foul play. He said that was his 1st offence. I then had to point out that only 2 minutes ago I told his captain that we were only 12 minutes into the game and the Darlington no11 had now been fouled 5 times & the next player to foul him was going to get a yellow.

It's a caution for SPA (stopping a promising attack). That can be anywhere on the pitch.
Thanks for the clarification. I’d say the rules need some work as that seems to penalise possession teams. A promising attack for us is a long period of possession.

Is that a fact, as in written down somewhere in the rules? If it is it’s wrong. We score many of our goals after periods of long possession so I don’t see how a foul at that point is a lesser offence than a foul to stop a counter attack. A foul is a foul.

But there further requirements for them to be bookings. Currently, the directive is to play on if possible, and if the foul doesn't stop the attack, they do not go back to book someone (again, unless it meets some other requirement like being reckless). This is why opponents often seem to be able to foul a midfielder in back play by being a bit late but the ref plays on.

A forward harassing a fullback by the opposition's goalline isn't going to get booked very often when the defender flops to the floor after a slight nudge. Similarly, challenging in the air for a ball rarely draws a card without there being another cause (e.g. elbows).

Is that a fact, as in written down somewhere in the rules? If it is it’s wrong. We score many of our goals after periods of long possession so I don’t see how a foul at that point is a lesser offence than a foul to stop a counter attack. A foul is a foul.
Hahaha .... I thought I had deleted that post as I came to the conclusion I didn't know what I was talking about. Was just an observation, but one that seems to stand up. Not saying it's right, but can understand it.

The second part of the post i thought I had deleted was about time-wasting by goalkeepers. In for a penny in for a pound. Seems to me that this is only penalised at the end of matches when there is a direct effect on the limited time remaining. Eddy is just as good at time-wasting as other keepers so gets booked too, even if first offence. Not saying this is right either, but can understand it as well.

We get booked for first fouls when whoever we are playing get away with murder several times , the refs have ingrained bias , they are human so they can and are swayed and we get the shitty end of the stick , i will never be swayed from this

Only this

We get booked for first fouls when whoever we are playing get away with murder several times , the refs have ingrained bias , they are human so they can and are swayed and we get the shitty end of the stick , i will never be swayed from this

Only this
Tanganga is a perfect example of this as mentioned a few posts back. Got away with murder until he was substituted, but Grealish gets a cheap card for dissent after he was penalised for a non-foul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.