Ref Watch

I don't think Toney should be sent off, it wasn't too bad. But if he was sent off I dont think he could have too many complaints.

Where as I dont think I've seen anyone sent off for standing on someone's toe like fern did.

So all this an eye for an eye, and saw comments on social media saying its karma.. i disagree, There not the same level of foul.

The answer is to use VAR how it was ment to be. Take out the over obvious fouls from a ref or linesman.
If Laportes goal stood no one would have any problems with it. And yes it could go the other way against us.
To me VAR spoils the game. Everyone your team scores you can’t really celebrate.
Exactly. VAR isn't used in the PL as it was meant to be used. The intention was not to scrutinise almost every contentious incident and it seems every 'goal' but to identify if the match officials had made a clear & obvious error.
Disallowed goals like Laporte's and Kane's the previous evening were in no way clear & obvious errors.
IMHO the PL operation of VAR has taken away from the game much more than it's added.

Exactly. VAR isn't used in the PL as it was meant to be used. The intention was not to scrutinise almost every contentious incident and it seems every 'goal' but to identify if the match officials had made a clear & obvious error.
Disallowed goals like Laporte's and Kane's the previous evening were in no way clear & obvious errors.
IMHO the PL operation of VAR has taken away from the game much more than it's added.
If you have to draw lines to determine offside it isn’t a clear and obvious error. Foden’s header was clearly offside, his goal and Laporte’s header were both marginal and therefore level. Which I thought was going to be how it was called this season but they seem to have drifted back into measuring millimetres

I don't think Toney should be sent off, it wasn't too bad. But if he was sent off I dont think he could have too many complaints.

Where as I dont think I've seen anyone sent off for standing on someone's toe like fern did.

So all this an eye for an eye, and saw comments on social media saying its karma.. i disagree, There not the same level of foul.
I think what Fernandinho and Toney should both have been sent off for is the rolling around and pretending to be injured. I have less of a problem with their petulant little flicks at each other (which were fucking pathetic themselves) than I do the pretending to be injured shit.

Unbelievably, I’m still pissed off with that today haha. I thought Fernandinho was better than that!

If you have to draw lines to determine offside it isn’t a clear and obvious error. Foden’s header was clearly offside, his goal and Laporte’s header were both marginal and therefore level. Which I thought was going to be how it was called this season but they seem to have drifted back into measuring millimetres
Indeed. And they were called like that at the start of the season.

But Kane at Southampton was so horribly shit a call the day before that they were always going to call the Laporte one offside (which is the wrong way to go about things, PIGMOB should have just come out and said they got the Kane one wrong and then reset from then on, not even it up for the rest of the week by giving every level call offside!)

I think what Fernandinho and Toney should both have been sent off for is the rolling around and pretending to be injured. I have less of a problem with their petulant little flicks at each other (which were fucking pathetic themselves) than I do the pretending to be injured shit.

Unbelievably, I’m still pissed off with that today haha. I thought Fernandinho was better than that!
Thats a fair point. Definitely out of character, and something that seemed to annoy him when opposition did it.

Maybe he had a if you can't beat them join them attitude last night. Not that I'm excusing, still not good to see.

Measuring millimetres is a folly as it really depends on the frame the VAR officially pauses the action - I’m sure the difference between 3 frames will show some one being on/marginal/off - they should have a solid grey line as the margin of error and like the old rule if it’s within that margin of error then give the benefit to the attacker

Screenshot_20211231-143520.png
Lump on Arsenal!

In other matchday appointments can Mr Reilly explain how Dipper Dean and Alti fan get the same fixtures they controversially reffed earlier this season?

Dean used selective blindness to ignore Pogbads red card tackle, and Taylor gave a red card looking at a VAR still to the Chavs.

I'd be fuming if I was a fan of one of those clubs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211231-143520.png
    Screenshot_20211231-143520.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 12

I think Fern overreacted so that the ref would have his eye on Tony in case he tried to bully our other players. It was the play of a wiley old head but not a great spectacle.

Fern had an excellent game overall, I thought.

And I think that is the trouble with VAR. Once it gets down to this level just how accurate is the system. Get the ball played a millimetre too late and the recipient is a millimetre offside. Had they measured from the nano-second that the ball was played then the recipient is onside. Once that level of measurement is adopted it's open to any level of manipulation. I wouldn't be convinced that a millimetre is added on, or taken off, depending on the colour of shirt scoring the goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.