Ref Watch

I honestly thought the ref was good. Rodri could have easily been booked, bernardo with a very nasty tackle early on, he dealt with the numerous handball shouts well, he stopped the play when Madrid where in on the counter for Gundogan and the ball seemingly went out before our goal.

It is an intense atmosphere for refs and personally I thought he did a great job

Just watching the replay now and taking a few notes. Up to the 28th minute:

13th minute Bernie crosses the ball and Haaland goes up for a header. Carvajal clatters straight into his back and bowls him over before the ball even gets there.

16th minute Carvajal fouls Gundo.

18th minute Stonesy brought down on edge of box. No foul given.

25th minute Carvajal fouls Jack.

26th minute Carvajal fouls Jack again in what looked like a clear yellow card incident.

28th minute, Gundo body checked and the recipient of a sly elbow to the head by Rudiger.

And that’s only up to the 28th minute!

13th minute Bernie crosses the ball and Haaland goes up for a header. Carvajal clatters straight into his back and bowls him over before the ball even gets there.

26th minute Carvajal fouls Jack again in what looked like a clear yellow card incident.

28th minute, Gundo body checked and the recipient of a sly elbow to the head by Rudiger.

Watch out for the foul throws

The Gundog incident where the game changed. Up to this point we were running the show. The break in play gave Real the opportunity to regroup.
As for the referee they are under instructions to ensure it remains 11 a side at this point in the competition. They don`t want their worldwide spectacle being ruined by a runaway win, or star names missing from a final due to a ban. This is why they are reluctant to issue yellow cards.

That assault above the knee on Gundo and no attempt to get even near the ball by Toni Kroos should have been a straight red.

They got away with that last year with Casemiro assaulting Foden. They seem to believe they can kick the crap out of teams and won’t face any sanction for it.
Its hard not to believe it when that's exactly what happens.

I think the grealish barge and the tackle on gundo by kroos were the worst. WHile i hate rudiger I dont think the gundo thing was as bad as some are making out, someone mentioned rugby players being killed by things like that, I might be naive but I doubt gundos life was in threat.

That assault above the knee on Gundo and no attempt to get even near the ball by Toni Kroos should have been a straight red.

They got away with that last year with Casemiro assaulting Foden. They seem to believe they can kick the crap out of teams and won’t face any sanction for it.
They believe that because they can, and they do unfortunately mate. If one of our players did that the red card would be out quicker than Kyle’s cock in that bar. How brilliant was he defensively last night by the way.

I honestly thought the ref was good. Rodri could have easily been booked, bernardo with a very nasty tackle early on, he dealt with the numerous handball shouts well, he stopped the play when Madrid where in on the counter for Gundogan and the ball seemingly went out before our goal.

It is an intense atmosphere for refs and personally I thought he did a great job
This 'making decent decisions' is the minimum requirement for a top class ref.
He did what he should have done on some occasions, but so many dives and badgering by RM players was not on.
And who the fuck plays an advantage when a foul has been committed right on the edge of the box.... unless a player is through on goal?
That challenge on Grealish should have been more strictly dealt with, I think var should have got involved but they shit the bed as well.
In conclusion, a ref will always lean towards Madrid in Madrid. Its how they keep winning the trophy. The same happens at OT and the tramps place.

They believe that because they can, and they do unfortunately mate. If one of our players did that the red card would be out quicker than Kyle’s cock in that bar. How brilliant was he defensively last night by the way.

Walker was immense last night, him and Vinicious had an appreciative man hug at the end of the game. They were in a very good scrap with each other, let’s hope Kyle can keep him in check next Wednesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.