Referee/Officials Thread 2019/20

Did any City player shake hands with that cheating prick yesterday? I'm pretty sure Eerson just had words and walked off to give his shirt away.

Did any City player shake hands with that cheating prick yesterday? I'm pretty sure Eerson just had words and walked off to give his shirt away.
Shake hands?

I suspect like 99% of the crowd shaking him by the throat would have been preferable but would result in a ban so as my dear old mum used to say, if you can't be nice do nothing.

Yesterday's performance was one of the worst this season. It has already been mentioned on here about Southampton time wasting and the 'soft' free kicks given to them but also every free kick we got Southampton were allowed to line up on the 'wrong' side if the line and he allowed players on the side who were not 10m away.

He is not alone though. We are not the only club to feel aggrieved at the standard of referees. I have said for a while that whilst we have Old Mother Riley at the top nothing will change. We need someone like Collina (who was probably the best ref I have ever seen) to come in and clean up the mess. He was a wonderful ref who was always alert and up with play. Time for a clear out and it should start at the top. The only problem is the person taking over would probably be one of the other incompetent wankers beneath him.
I was surprised when they got the first yellow. I honestly though it would go to us.

Mind you, we had 75% possession, yet received 75% of the yellow cards (including the bulls*it card for timewasting. Eddie was booked for holding on to the ball for way less time than their keeper was getting away with from minute 1 of the game). That just highlights the blatant disparity of the referees 'interpretation' of the laws of the game.

Not only did he move the back to about two yards inside the area he then is unable to perform simple maths for where the wall should be. 16 - 10 = 6. Wall was about seven yards away at best but he didn’t appear to care. That said instead of playing the ball sideways we should have played it backwards to give KDB a little more space. I only hope the club put in a written report and ensure the powers that be know that we know.

I think this typifies too many performances I see from referees. They know that if there's the slightest questioning from a player as to WTF are you doing ref then he's in his back pocket for a yellow. Any independent assessor witnessing the latest Masonic performance couldn't in all honesty have given it more than three out of ten - one for turning up, two for a whistle and the third one for having the wherewithal for the toss up!

Against Chelsea : Referee: Martin Atkinson. Assistants: Lee Betts, Constantine Hatzidakis. Fourth official: Jonathan Moss. VAR: Andre Marriner. Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday

I was surprised when they got the first yellow. I honestly though it would go to us.

Mind you, we had 75% possession, yet received 75% of the yellow cards (including the bulls*it card for timewasting. Eddie was booked for holding on to the ball for way less time than their keeper was getting away with from minute 1 of the game). That just highlights the blatant disparity of the referees 'interpretation' of the laws of the game.
The problem is, they DO know the LOTG, and how interpret them.. They wouldn't have got as far as they have without that knowledge.
However, when they get to the elite level, football politics become involved. To remain in the top tier of the game, THEY HAVE TO OBEY ORDERS. The Nuremburg Defence would most definitely be used if the corruption we all suspect is endemic in the game was exposed, and they were in the Dock at the Football Crimes Commission (to continue the analogy). They are just the pawns, nothing more. The corruption goes right to the top, and I, for one, am sick of it.

On Saturday, at 5;30 pm, I will not be at the game. I will be at a function to commemorate the 10th anniversary of a very good friend's death. Normally, all present would expect me to arrive after the match, having changed in the car. The events of the past few matches have served to remind me of what is actually important in life.

The problem is, they DO know the LOTG, and how interpret them.. They wouldn't have got as far as they have without that knowledge.
However, when they get to the elite level, football politics become involved. To remain in the top tier of the game, THEY HAVE TO OBEY ORDERS. The Nuremburg Defence would most definitely be used if the corruption we all suspect is endemic in the game was exposed, and they were in the Dock at the Football Crimes Commission (to continue the analogy). They are just the pawns, nothing more. The corruption goes right to the top, and I, for one, am sick of it.

On Saturday, at 5;30 pm, I will not be at the game. I will be at a function to commemorate the 10th anniversary of a very good friend's death. Normally, all present would expect me to arrive after the match, having changed in the car. The events of the past few matches have served to remind me of what is actually important in life.

Fair play. A lot of people are starting to feel this way now.

Football is fixed, and I'm pretty sure there would some very serious consequences for anyone from within who dared to lift the lid. I really don't know what the solution is.

For Newcastle : Referee: Chris Kavanagh. Assistants: Sian Massey-Ellis, Gary Beswick. Fourth official: Oliver Langford. VAR: Andre Marriner. Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

A Liverpool-supporter as referee and again Andre Marriner at VAR.

For Burnley : Referee: Jonathan Moss. Assistants: Marc Perry, Eddie Smart. Fourth official: Martin Atkinson. VAR: Graham Scott. Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

Scott at VAR, remember the Tottenham game.

For Burnley : Referee: Jonathan Moss. Assistants: Marc Perry, Eddie Smart. Fourth official: Martin Atkinson. VAR: Graham Scott. Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

Scott at VAR, remember the Tottenham game.

What a motley crew! Jonny won't have got his breath back from the last game, Atkinson couldn't find a way to screw us in the CFC game so he gets another chance, and Scott wants to see if he can get a pair of chalked off goals for his collection. The two linos are effectively redundant and are only their to add to the FArce's notion of tradition! The game's attraction is diminishing at a rate of knots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.