Refereeing inconsistency

tidyman said:
Can we all stop crying about Kompany now please?

It's over a week ago, it's boring and it's making us look worse than a load of whinging red twats.
Indeed!

While I know this is a forum and different things are discussed all the time, Vincent himself has said we all need to move on, not compare different tackles to each other and that he doesn't want to see a spate of cards all over the place.

"I appealed because I obviously completely disagreed with the interpretation of the officials on the day but that happens in football and we move on.

"I wonder though if we are now going to see an unprecedented wave of red cards on match days because we sanction "if's" and "maybe's"? Are we going to look back at video evidence for every single challenge that goes unnoticed by the officials, look at different scenarios and potential outcomes of what could have been considered a good tackle and then sanction it?

"Players and managers are starting to expect more sending offs from referees and I think it's for the wrong reasons.

"My understanding is that English football prides itself on the hardness, the fairness and the tradition of its game. That is why hundreds of millions of people tune in to watch Premier League football and English referees have always been a key factor to that success in my opinion.

"So I don't agree with people saying that referees in this country aren't doing well as I think they are the best in the world. Hopefully common sense will prevail again in the future and I for one hope not to see consistency in sending offs and suspensions when the intent of a player is to win the ball."

The captain has spoken!

There will be no consistency in football until there is video technology, and even then it wont be absolute! Video technology shouldn't just be for goal line incidents. It should be - as Joey Barton said on Football Focus earlier this season - for game changing incidents. Which should include: one, goal line incidents; two, penalty incidents; and three, card or no card for a tackle. No more (so none of this "where will it end" lark), no less.

Football is officiated like it's the 1930's, back then decisions the ref made will have been taken for what they were. People would have understood that refs would get a lot of things wrong. But they didn't have television back then so wouldn't have seen all the replays. We watch dozens of replays, from all angles, in slow-mo and super slow-mo; the ref sees an incident once, from one angle, at normal speed and has to make the decision there and then. He does have three other officials helping him but it's quite apparent that that isn't enough as there are still glaring inconsistencies.

Bookings should be able to be reviewed and rescinded like red cards are too. And I also think more retrospective punishment should occur with bookings.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Vic said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Barry was sent off for persistent fouling, not for the tackle itself.
And how do you know this?

because Jones had given him a final warning not long before and had clearly been totting them up.
but before that jones called skirtle captain over to speak with Adams rather than send him off, seems to me it was jones get out clause, jones is a t--t for that alone

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Vic said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Barry was sent off for persistent fouling, not for the tackle itself.
And how do you know this?

because Jones had given him a final warning not long before and had clearly been totting them up.

Agreed similar to Dunne against Hamburg at home a few seasons ago. A final warning from the ref means next time your off son!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.