Referees’ Performances 2018/19

You tried your best you cnuts.

Whether it was awarding Liverpool penalties for blatant diving, allowing clear offside goals or denying us clear cut penalties and judging every slight nudge as a foul one way and ridiculous tackles not given the other way you can all go fuck yourself you corrupt set of twats.

Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
While I do think we suffer some bias and teams like Liverpool and United do get much more favourable refereeing I think at this point we can admit that if the referees were truly desperate to cost us the title they could have stopped us winning 14 in a row. It doesn't take that many dodgy decisions to change an outcome, as we've previously seen.

Oliver can't have been too bad, as there are only a few posts commenting on him. I thought he was OK, with nothing really to be alarmed at. It wasn't a dirty game, and they didn't get near our box that often.

Regarding referees blocking our passing lines, they are a legitimate part of the game. It is up to us to take their positions into account during play, and arrange our play accordingly. They are under no obligation to move out of the way. They generally patrol the same diagonal, to get a good view of play, and position themselves to be able to react to the ball moving in either direction up or down the pitch. Our players should know where they are, and should be able to adjust accordingly. I don't think they deliberately try to disrupt our patterns of play.

Everything you've said I agree with.

I suspect that the refs elect to stay still, even if it may in the way, rather than move which may then make them in the way of where the players have changed too.

Has anyone actually analysed how many offside goals Liverpool were awarded this season compared to other teams?

While I do think we suffer some bias and teams like Liverpool and United do get much more favourable refereeing I think at this point we can admit that if the referees were truly desperate to cost us the title they could have stopped us winning 14 in a row. It doesn't take that many dodgy decisions to change an outcome, as we've previously seen.
They tried their best and failed, just like we did against Wolves (due to an offside handball goal), they also allowed 12/13 Liverpool offside goals at last count. To coin your phrase I think at this point we can admit that if referees were truly desperate to facilitate a fair competition they could have stopped one of those 12/13 goals.

Thanks for your insightful contribution to the discussion.
Every bit as insightful as your post.

I don’t know if you pay to watch the referee but most people I know pay to go and watch the 22 footballers on the field play. An oft use phrase is the the best ref is one that is hardly seen.
You seem to be of the opinion the ref should be able to go anywhere and it’s up to the players to change the way they play to suit what the ref does. That is absolute tosh and your post was ridiculously stupid.

...and whilst at it how many non-pens they were awarded?
And not only this, but how their forward 3 consistently leave something on the defender when pressing, without any fouls given, but then a defender blows on them and they turn into Tom Daley and almost always won the foul

In fairness, apart from a couple of bad calls, our last two games were fairly decently reffed. There were chances for both Dean and Oliver to fuck us (Dean could have sent off Kompany and Oliver could have awarded a back pass against Laporte). Either of those (particularly the first) could have handed it to the Scousers.

Overall, the ref'ing in our games hasn't been too bad. It's Liverpool who have benefitted from extreme largesse. Which tells me the agenda was to try and create a title race, rather than fucking us and giving them the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.