Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

Oliver stops a City corner to speak to both Arsenal and City about grappling. Allows the corner to come in and whilst it does Rodri is manhandled by Partey, no penalty and the corner is retaken (again).

Arsenal then break and win a soft free kick. Oliver calls Walker over and whilst he's out of position allows Arsenal to play it quickly leaving our fucking right back out of position. Arsenal score and then score again.

The idea that him correctly sending off Trossard for kicking the ball away after he's twatted Bernardo is hilarious.

You lot? I know you love to be the voice of reason but fuck me you’d have to do some mental gymnastics to not see we had some shite decisions against us today.
Eddie downed at their second goal, Haaland constantly tackled with hands 'n arms, and we had Savinho blatantly tripped where he ends up kneeling with arms out in some kind of WTF response to Oliver ignoring a blatant foul.

On USA coverage they were basically saying that PiGMOL were making it up as they go along for the red card. The instruction to/from VAR was that the 2nd yellow was for a forceful challenge but then they changed it during halftime to kicking the ball away. None of the pundits thought that the foul on Bernardo was worthy of a 2nd yellow as it was going to spoil the game. When has spoiling the game been a decisive factor in whether a booking is due or not? Muppets.

Oliver really hasn't got a clue on how to manage big games and he really shouldn't be given them anymore. The holding and general shithousery at set pieces is beyond a joke now. What's the point in talking to a player and then just let them keep on doing exactly the same thing (Timber on Akanji).

Was expecting at least double figures for the amount of added time and to only get 7 (which then increased to 8 because of more time-wasting) was another joke. Just glad we had teh last laugh.
Rags have had that cop out for years.

If Oliver is the best we can muster, we should try training capuchin monkeys to do it .
He’s normally good, today he was terrible.

How can you call both captains over to the half way line, leaving ours 40 yards out of position and allow the opposition to take a quick free kick to exploit that?

He looked shell shocked after it, Walker sort of hugged him after our team had berated him, I think he knew he’d dropped a clanger.
I reckon it’s the reason he gave Trossard the second booking without hesitation for me to even it up.

But worse than any of that, the way he just stopped play for Arsenal players cheating and pretending to be injured was disgraceful. They weren’t head injuries so play the fuck on. One of them he told the lad to get up, he didn’t, then stopped play.

Awful from someone I rate as a ref.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.