Referees’ Performances | 2024/2025

I'm still not certain the ref disallowed the goal. If he had disallowed it for offside he should have raised his arm to indicate an indirect free kick. None of the clips I have seen show him doing this

I'm still not certain the ref disallowed the goal. If he had disallowed it for offside he should have raised his arm to indicate an indirect free kick. None of the clips I have seen show him doing this

That’s because the tv cameras were all on Stones’s celebration. They announced in the stadium, which could be heard on tv, that VAR was checking the disallowed goal so he clearly did at some point.

That’s because the tv cameras were all on Stones’s celebration. They announced in the stadium, which could be heard on tv, that VAR was checking the disallowed goal so he clearly did at some point.

I assume the same.
I interpreted it that the decision on-field must have been offside as Kavanagh used the TV symbol before giving the goal.

I think a referee will realise that, if he's been told to go and have a look at the monitor, there may well be an issue with the on-field decision. If there isn't, why is he being told to take a look? "You may want to have a look at that decision Chris" is pretty much telling him to change the decision, without actually telling him

There is one clip where the referee and assistant are both in view, obviously in verbal communication and the referee blows, does the sort of drawing a line with his finger thing and the linesman simultaneously puts his flag up.

Hopefully it’ll on the next ‘Mic’d Up’ and we’ll get to hear exactly what was said because it took over 30 seconds to get to that point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.