Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I get that

yeah. I get that.
There were also a couple of Wigan yellows that seemed very marginal to me.
He didn’t have a good night overall.

It's Anthony Taylor, City lost, he had a brilliant night!

Oddly, iirc, Jenas brushed this off as no foul, yet it was clear he followed through after he got the ball.

Jenas and his co commentator did it all night as any physical contact from a Wigan player was waved away as nothing.

"he got the ball" apparently and his studs crashing into Kuns knee is fine.

Funnily enough they didn't share the same view for Delph.

What, if anything, will be done about Taylor getting out the Yellow card and holding it his hand for at least a minute until it suddenly morphed into a Red?

Some sort of explanation would be nice.

I've no real issue with the red, it's debatable but can see why it's interpreted as dangerous however the way it was administered was a shambles that needs explaining.

I won't be holding my breath mind, transparency seems to be a dirty word when it comes to PGMOL.

What, if anything, will be done about Taylor getting out the Yellow card and holding it his hand for at least a minute until it suddenly morphed into a Red?

This is the biggest issue for him. red or yellow is debatable but no-one is really going to question it BUT appearing to change his mind when surrounded by Wigan players and writing Delph into the yellow is a big problem for him and former refs have already spoken out about this today. So he should be sat down for the next round of Premier League fixtures.

That knee high tackle on Aguero not even being a booking is ridiculous, like others have said Delph’s is 50/50 but the one of Aguero is far worse and yet again no punishment.

Compounded with his Paul Daniels card trick it really does confirm what we’ve all known for a long time about Taylor.

Please has anybody ever seen a referee pull out a yellow card, write down the number of the player being cautioned on the yellow card, before suddenly flourishing a red card instead, prior to Alty Tony's intervention tonight?

I’m late to the thread here, and it might have been covered. But I hope this is the line they are taking in this, because if it is, it will expose Taylor as a liar and a cheat.

Anyone can check Taylor’s previous red cards to see if they are consistent with this – writing the name on the yellow card, then showing the red card. I doubt if he has ever done this before, and this will prove he is corrupt. Not that Riley would be too bothered, as we know he is a United sympathiser.

In any event, there is no need to write the player’s name down when he is sending him off. You write his name or number when issuing a yellow card, to avoid confusion later, when a second offence might have occurred. When a player has been sent off, he is no longer in a position to influence the game, so why would you need to write down his name or number?

Watch any televised game, and referees rarely write down the details of a player when they issue a red card.

Some suggesting the assistant must've communicated to Taylor that the incident was worse than he initially though (Hence initially pulling out the yellow) but in that situation a referee or assistant has to be 100% certain to get the referee to change his initial impression. Was it 100%? I don't believe so despite how bad it looks in real time.

Rash from Delph but understand perfectly well Pep's anger, City have been on the receiving end of terrible challenges that never even got a yellow much less red and handicapped with what was ultimately an innocuous challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.