Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre sequence of events with the yellow out first but for me it was a clear red - he was reckless, off the ground with studs raised. If he’s connected with the Wigan player it would have looked just as bad as the one on Leroy recently.

If anyone had done a similar tackle on KdB I think there’d be outrage on here if a red wasn’t shown.

Personally I don't blame Taylor for the Delph red-card yesterday, it was a stupid challenge that gave Taylor the opportunity to send the man off. You don't have to be following City long to know that Taylor is one of the people that is just itching to screw us over and as much as I admire what Delph has done this year totally reinventing himself as a player at the club he has to shoulder the blame for this one.

Personally I don't blame Taylor for the Delph red-card yesterday, it was a stupid challenge that gave Taylor the opportunity to send the man off. You don't have to be following City long to know that Taylor is one of the people that is just itching to screw us over and as much as I admire what Delph has done this year totally reinventing himself as a player at the club he has to shoulder the blame for this one.

Ridiculous challenge given where it was on the pitch and the stage of the game. The sending off was not an issue to me, it was the yellow to red but that was annoying. There is no VAR but someone is getting messages to the ref.

Ridiculous challenge given where it was on the pitch and the stage of the game. The sending off was not an issue to me, it was the yellow to red but that was annoying. There is no VAR but someone is getting messages to the ref.
Is this allowed though?
It's all fucking cloak and dagger though and they wonder why accusations of cheating and corruption are banded about.

Bizarre sequence of events with the yellow out first but for me it was a clear red - he was reckless, off the ground with studs raised. If he’s connected with the Wigan player it would have looked just as bad as the one on Leroy recently.

If anyone had done a similar tackle on KdB I think there’d be outrage on here if a red wasn’t shown.

don't worry, it wouldn't have been shown.

Is this allowed though?
It's all fucking cloak and dagger though and they wonder why accusations of cheating and corruption are banded about.

Exactly. There is no clarity either (unless you are Liverpool on the end of it)

The tackle was a sending off 50/50. No issue there. It’s the cloak and dagger stuff.

Lol, but if you had no prior knowledge of him, this would be the view. If he feels the need to write down the name if a player he's sending off, at least do it after he's done it, as otherwise it just looks like you've bowed to pressure from the complaining team.

I actually thought it was a red, and maybe, just maybe, he was going to be lenient and then remembered (or someone reminded him) about Pep's speech a few weeks ago about poor challenges going unpunished, and changed his mind.

I know that was the broader point you meant Dave - was just having a laugh :)

It was truly bizarre how he changed his mind halfway through.

Two problems for me:
1. He changed from yellow to red because of someone in his ear. Who was the 4th official last night?
2. The challenge was not in the same league (in terms of endangering a player) as the nine tackles we are seeking clarification from PoGMOL over. He will have known that well so his decision to show red was deliberately incendiary.

Haven't seen a replay of the tackle, can't bring myself too yet, however there was a similar tackle, not on KDB but on Sergio, and that wasn't even deemed worthy of a yellow card let alone a straight red. It's the inconsistency, from the same referee in the same game, that gets people annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.