Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me the law that says this. It doesn't exist.

And show me the last appeal that was successful on the grounds that there was undue influence on the referee from players. The referee will just say it was his own decision. Was the foul a red card offence? We've seen them given.

I agree. I think Halsey was speaking about 'should' not 'must'.

Cheers. Interesting, but I think we're looking at things differently.

For Pawson, I don't see how he can be blamed for 0-0 away draws (Villa, Leicester in 2015) and drawing at WHU, plus the obligatory defeat at Liverpool. He's not gone mad with cards either.
I also think that his pool of matches is too small to be a statistical pool.

I don't think Pawson is terrible or biassed.
Mason is terrible but not especially biased.

Some of the others look more dodgy, but I don't have time now to think about them further.

I think Pawson is terrible, allowed systematic fouling of Silva against Arsenal the last time we played them at Wembley, the recent game against Spurs where he missed two obvious red card challenges, one of which he had his back to but still deemed it worthy of a yellow despite not seeing it. Just a couple of examples.

Also have an image in my mind of Zaba losing the plot with him over continuous bad decisions against us, can't recall the game off top of my head.

Every time Taylor or Pawson have to set foot in the Etithad stadium to take charge of the match. We the fans should start with your not fit to referee your not fit to referee. We could also come out with you don't know what your doing, you don't know what your doing. This from the moment either of them blow the whistle to start the game.

This should be done in the final the moment Pawson fails to book an Arsenal player who deservers a booking especially if he has booked a City player for a similar offence. who is with me on this. Perhaps if we continually do this the FA might just might get the message and keep them away from the City team as a whole.

Richest league in the world should have the very best refs from around Europe officiating.

Not only are the standards raised but it also takes away any hint of bias from English refs who can't possibly not be fans of clubs whose games they are taking.

I think Pawson is terrible, allowed systematic fouling of Silva against Arsenal the last time we played them at Wembley, the recent game against Spurs where he missed two obvious red card challenges, one of which he had his back to but still deemed it worthy of a yellow despite not seeing it. Just a couple of examples.

Also have an image in my mind of Zaba losing the plot with him over continuous bad decisions against us, can't recall the game off top of my head.

A good example of why plain win/loss stats aren't everything.

I commented on the Arsenal SF match somewhere above - at least 4 yellows by halftime would have been right.
The Spurs challenges just appear to be in line with City rules this season (I'm not defending Pawson on those, by the way).

I'd still have him ahead of Taylor, Mason, R Madley.

We've had Pawson 11 times:
2017/18
W4-1 v Spurs (Kane & Alli red cards not given comes to mind but as this was an easy win I disregard this game as referee impact on the result is minimised by one-sided outcome)
W2-1 at Huddersfield
W7-2 v Stoke (again I disregard this one as it's one sided)
2016/17
W3-1 v West Brom (again disregarded)
L2-1 (FT 1-1) v Arsenal (Cup Semi) - I account this at the FT score
L1-0 Liverpool
2015/16
D2-2 West Ham
D0-0 Leicester
D0-0 Villa
2014/15
W4-1 Sunderland
2013/14
W5-0 Blackburn

Take out the one sided games or those that finish with a 2 goal margin and you're left with
2017/18
W2-1 at Huddersfield
2016/17
L2-1 (FT 1-1) v Arsenal (Cup Semi) - I account this at the FT score
L1-0 Liverpool
2015/16
D2-2 West Ham
D0-0 Leicester
D0-0 Villa

Now as I have said there may ultimately be nothing to see here, but his Utd record of W10,D3,L1 is a bit worrying for me. Taking out the one sided or two goal difference games, his record is still 5-3-1 in the tight ones. Our record in similar games is 1-3-2. It's a tiny sample but those are very different numbers given the overall performance of the two teams in the last 4 years with Utd always finishing below us. He may not have been a Utd fan, who knows but there is disparity in my mind.

His last two big games with us were the Cup semi last year where Arsenal were allowed to kick Silva out of the game in the first 20 minutes and the Spurs game where the media darlings of Kane and Alli got away with possible season ending tackles on key City players. So going into a cup final on sunday, it would be natural for some of our players to be a bit worried about Mr Pawson. If that means they hold back a fraction then he has influenced the game...

Richest league in the world should have the very best refs from around Europe officiating.

Not only are the standards raised but it also takes away any hint of bias from English refs who can't possibly not be fans of clubs whose games they are taking.

Fuck that for a game of soldiers, imagine going to Klanfield and getting a Norwegian ref or to rags to find one from Singapore!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.