Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he does but turning his foot side on would not prevent him catching someone is either means if he was directly going to catch the foot less of the foot would make impact or if he was missing him being side on would make contact more likely.

Either way its difficult to argue he was in control especially as he even caught the player with his trailing leg, the foot was off the floor and studs were showing.

OK, if you insist, for me, like I said, he ensured he didn't catch him with studs by turning his foot, wouldn't have had the presence of mind to do that if he wasn't in control.

That’s a red for me but the criteria for reds have changed.

I think by the laws of the game its a red but for me, and this is only a personal opinion, I do not want to see every game ruined by one late challenge so was happy to see the yellow given. I would also say that about some, not all, of the challenges people have complained about on here which have gone against us.

Just be nice to see a bit of balance on the forum as it seems against us its immediately a red and the ref is corrupt and people are whining about protection but when were transgressors were arguing he was in control or the tackle does not even get a mention on the thread.

I think by the laws of the game its a red but for me, and this is only a personal opinion, I do not want to see every game ruined by one late challenge so was happy to see the yellow given. I would also say that about some, not all, of the challenges people have complained about on here which have gone against us.

I would also say the same about some challenges that people complained about against us. The Puncheon one on DeBruyne for example or the one on Gundogan against WBA I think, they're yellows.

That was a (horrible word) red for me in the ground at the time, and still is. For once we got the benefit of the doubt. I reckon 99% of us would have seen it as a red had it been the other way round. Whilst I don’t think he meant it, he was not in control, it was a lunge, and he was far from in control.

OK, if you insist, for me, like I said, he ensured he didn't catch him with studs by turning his foot, wouldn't have had the presence of mind to do that if he wasn't in control.

Do you not think, as he passed through his first leg, changing his foot to side on is more likely to result in contact being made with his second leg? Which to me suggests he was not in control.

By the way thats not me suggesting Zinchenko was targetting him I think turning your leg like that is a natural reaction but makes me think it was less about him being in control. Thanks for your decent response by the way.

I would also say the same about some challenges that people complained about against us. The Puncheon one on DeBruyne for example or the one on Gundogan against WBA I think, they're yellows.

Fair play to you then mate. I could not remember your posts on that matter. I actually think similarly to you then.

Do you not think, as he passed through his first leg, changing his foot to side on is more likely to result in contact being made with his second leg? Which to me suggests he was not in control.

By the way thats not me suggesting Zinchenko was targetting him I think turning your leg like that is a natural reaction but makes me think it was less about him being in control. Thanks for your decent response by the way.

No mate, I think he turned his foot to ensure he didn't catch him with studs and that to my mind is what saves him from a red.

That was a (horrible word) red for me in the ground at the time, and still is. For once we got the benefit of the doubt. I reckon 99% of us would have seen it as a red had it been the other way round. Whilst I don’t think he meant it, he was not in control, it was a lunge, and he was far from in control.

Honest response there. My faith is being restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.