Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how one-footed tackles are now a red just because Delph got sent off (wrongly). I suppose Gundogan's was a yellow too *rolls eyes*. During PGMOL's job for them with these faux justifications.

No mate, I think he turned his foot to ensure he didn't catch him with studs and that to my mind is what saves him from a red.

Fair enough mate. Either way he did not make contact so yes yellow, in my view, the right decision although I accept could easily be argued differently.

Dermot Gallagher saying Zinchenko tackle was correct decision but Dennis wise banging on for a red on sky sports just now.

As most City fans are aware there have been 9 terrible challenges against our players

Now all I want is consistency from referees therefore if none of those challenges were red then there is no way the the tackle from yesterday was a red. If all those tackles that had been made against us were given as red then I would not have complained if he had been sent off yesterday

All referees have to do is be consistent in applying the laws of the game if Bennetts tackle on Sane was a yellow so was Zinchenkos

I think it failed to meet the endangering requirement. He wasn't in control really (that would allow him to avoid contact if he chose), but didn't strike with studs, and wasn't going with that force by the time he arrived. Reckless rather than endangering.

I think the Chelsea players helped too as they didn't seem to hassle the ref, with the exception of the captain making whatever point he wanted.

Thought it could easily have been a red. His leading leg went flying through studs up at knee height, but by chance passed through Chelsea player without contact. Had he made contact it could have been very bad.

Having said that don't think it was intended, he just was out of control by that stage. The fact that play continued also helped in my view as it didn't give the Chelsea players time to surround the ref.

Law 12 2017/18 season

If an offence involves contact it is penalised by a direct free kick or penalty kick.
• Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
• Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
• Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and/or endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off

IMHO Zinchenko tackle falls into reckless as no excessive force was involved, it was a mistimed attempt to block the ball. Mosses wasn't injured as it was clear that Zinchenko tried to avoid any injury so, correct decision

Still baffled why Gundogan was booked

No mate, I think he turned his foot to ensure he didn't catch him with studs and that to my mind is what saves him from a red.
Ffs you really expect a ref to be able to see a change in the angle of someone’s foot at that speed? It’s one thing watching slowed down replays after the event, but you can’t then seriously use that post event analysis and go back in time with it. I don’t like refs and I don’t like Oliver, but we are judging them in an unreasonable way (this does not apply to “altrincham” anthony or “Bolton” mason)

Ffs you really expect a ref to be able to see a change in the angle of someone’s foot at that speed? It’s one thing watching slowed down replays after the event, but you can’t then seriously use that post event analysis and go back in time with it. I don’t like refs and I don’t like Oliver, but we are judging them in an unreasonable way (this does not apply to “altrincham” anthony or “Bolton” mason)

Yep, and I believe he did see it.

I'll put it like this, when I saw Delph's my first reaction was "oh fuck", when I saw Zinch's my first reaction was he's tried not to do him after misjudging the flight initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.