Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delph turned his face away when he went in meaning he was out of control, Zinchenko was fully in control. Can't fathom that anyone would suggest a red for that.
They have been given as reds, i thought at the time it could have been more. Its great with the benefit of replays you can see that. But at the ground at that moment i thought it could have been more. Yellow probably correct

Zinchenkos foul looked worse than what it was in my opinion... The Chelsea player saw it coming and could have avoided it if he had wanted to.
He waited until tackle made contact hoping Zinc would have been red carded...but saying that it was a silly attempt to win the ball by Zinc

Turns his foot at the last moment to ensure he doesn't catch Moses with studs, shows he was in control.

Turns his foot at the last moment to ensure he doesn't catch Moses with studs, shows he was in control.

He is anything but in control. His foot is still raised and studs are still showing. But still no point in arguing about it.

So he doesn't turn his foot to ensure he doesn't catch him with studs?

Yes he does but turning his foot side on would not prevent him catching someone is either means if he was directly going to catch the foot less of the foot would make impact or if he was missing him being side on would make contact more likely.

Either way its difficult to argue he was in control especially as he even caught the player with his trailing leg, the foot was off the floor and studs were showing.

If that Zinchenko tackle had been carried out by a Chelsea player I think we would have more than a handful of posts since the match yesterday.

The ref did well on here and if there was any supposed bias could have easily sent Zinchenko off, but sadly it will not be acknowledged on here by many.

Zinchenko was spot on for me, he was late but there wasn't much contact, lucky to have gone through his legs. Had he clattered both his legs on the follow through than maybe but we are getting to the point where everything is a red (unless it is against us) It is a good job Pep isn't bothered about training tackling because it is a dying art anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.