Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very different. Delph lunged in and turned his face away, recklessly endangering his opponent. At the point of contact there was excessive force.

Zinchenko stretched to cut out a cross field pass, misjudged it but took evasive action to ensure he didn't endanger his opponent, no excessive force.
I honestly didnt see much difference,both went with one leg up,stoods showing.

I thought the Delph challenge was a yellow BTW.

I honestly didnt see much difference,both went with one leg up,stoods showing.

I thought the Delph challenge was a yellow BTW.

Delph went into a 50/50 head on and at the point of contact there was excessive force, the red was justified imo. The fact that he turns his head at point of contact suggests recklessness too.

Lol, Please stop with the compliments. Funnily enough I think under the laws of the game its probably a red but I would prefer, and I include some of the decisions against us, a yellow to be given so as not to ruin the game. For me Zinchenko misjudged the pass and consequently dived in but I doubt there was any intent there. Just poor decision-making at that monent. If some fans had there way, and the ref always followed the letter of the law, there would be sides down to 10 men every match which for me would ruin the spectacle.
I don't think Mane intended to do what he did to Ederson, i think it was an accident, but i also think it's the most dangerous tackle i've seen this season.

I think Zinchenko could easily have been sent off yesterday.

I don't think Mane intended to do what he did to Ederson, i think it was an accident, but i also think it's the most dangerous tackle i've seen this season.

I think Zinchenko could easily have been sent off yesterday.

It is a fair point that and that highlights the problem. I would say his challege was ridiculously dangerous where Zinchenkos was more of a run of the mill mistimed tackle.

But you are right I do not think there was intent but he could have gone with his head so imo risked injuring the player.

Would have been a scandal in hindsight, seeing the difference between the two sides, if we had lost Zinc and Chelsea had got a result when you look at the difference between the two sides. It would have not been the quality of the two sides being judged within the context of a team game but decided by a split second poor decision by an individual.

Turns his foot at the last moment to ensure he doesn't catch Moses with studs, shows he was in control.

Mate, that's a lunge. Not malicious, just a desperate effort to get the ball. I think it was only a yellow cos he didn't make contact. It was a stupid decision, but one I hope he learns from. The tackle was never on.

If that Zinchenko tackle had been carried out by a Chelsea player I think we would have more than a handful of posts since the match yesterday.

The ref did well on here and if there was any supposed bias could have easily sent Zinchenko off, but sadly it will not be acknowledged on here by many.

I think he got away with it, because his trailing leg caught him and not the first one, studs up.
Although he could be deemed off the floor and out of control, anyway.

Mate, that's a lunge. Not malicious, just a desperate effort to get the ball. I think it was only a yellow cos he didn't make contact. It was a stupid decision, but one I hope he learns from. The tackle was never on.

I'm not denying it was a lunge, there's more criteria to be applied than just a lunge. Moses tackle on Sane was also a lunge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.