Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think by the laws of the game its a red but for me, and this is only a personal opinion, I do not want to see every game ruined by one late challenge so was happy to see the yellow given. I would also say that about some, not all, of the challenges people have complained about on here which have gone against us.

Just be nice to see a bit of balance on the forum as it seems against us its immediately a red and the ref is corrupt and people are whining about protection but when were transgressors were arguing he was in control or the tackle does not even get a mention on the thread.
Sure, about 10-12 horrible challenges against City, one red card, several didn't even get a card

Two bad challenges by City, one a red (while a worse challenge on Agüero in the very same game was not even given a card was it?), another given a yellow

Called me a biased nutter, but balance is not the word we are looking for here

Lol, Please stop with the compliments. Funnily enough I think under the laws of the game its probably a red but I would prefer, and I include some of the decisions against us, a yellow to be given so as not to ruin the game. For me Zinchenko misjudged the pass and consequently dived in but I doubt there was any intent there. Just poor decision-making at that monent. If some fans had there way, and the ref always followed the letter of the law, there would be sides down to 10 men every match which for me would ruin the spectacle.
Intent has fuck all to do with anything.

Denis Wise is very inappropriately namds. Thick as a brick! Zinko made little contact with any part of Willian's anatomy, unlike the tackles on KdB, Sane, Gundohan and Sterling! Full studs on bone! This is another developing tactic against us - try to get us down to ten as quickly as possible.

Took out Moses' leg though ;-)

The Zinchenko challenge was no different to the Delph one was it?

It was very different. Delph lunged in and turned his face away, recklessly endangering his opponent. At the point of contact there was excessive force.

Zinchenko stretched to cut out a cross field pass, misjudged it but took evasive action to ensure he didn't endanger his opponent, no excessive force.

Intent has fuck all to do with anything.

That is the point it does not carry any weight and I think it should.

If a player goes out to genuinely injure someone send him off but, for me personally, I do not wish to see matches ruined continuously due to a late mistimed challenge such as Zinchenkos.

If you consider yesterdays match it was hardly a dirty game and football for me would be much poorer if games were decided by one mistimed tackle and subsequent sending off.

Last edited:
Sure, about 10-12 horrible challenges against City, one red card, several didn't even get a card

Two bad challenges by City, one a red (while a worse challenge on Agüero in the very same game was not even given a card was it?), another given a yellow

Called me a biased nutter, but balance is not the word we are looking for here

You are a biased nutter

I presume that what saved Zinchenko from a red was that he went straight through his man, literally, and didn't make contact, but the lunge fulfilled all the criteria for a red. We got away with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.