Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all those on here saying that you think it was a red think about it

City have had 9 challenges in the recent past that you all probably agree were reds but according to the referees in this country they werent. Therefore you need to change your perception as to what is or isnt a red card and judge the Zinchenko challenge in line with Puncheons, Delle Ali, Kane, Murphy, Bennett et al and if they were deemed yellow card offences there is no way that the challenge yesterday was a red card offence

To all those on here saying that you think it was a red think about it

City have had 9 challenges in the recent past that you all probably agree were reds but according to the referees in this country they werent. Therefore you need to change your perception as to what is or isnt a red card and judge the Zinchenko challenge in line with Puncheons, Delle Ali, Kane, Murphy, Bennett et al and if they were deemed yellow card offences there is no way that the challenge yesterday was a red card offence

That is true and I'm not saying it should've been red. But you can see why SOME might deem it so.
I actually agree with Franksinatra when he said, how many would be calling for a red, had it been
a Chelsea player that committed that foul.

Wonderful to follow this thread. All the cursing and swearing at referees and the decisions they make and nobody on here after dozens of postings can agree. Makes me laugh.

That is true and I'm not saying it should've been red. But you can see why SOME might deem it so.
I actually agree with Franksinatra when he said, how many would be calling for a red, had it been
a Chelsea player that committed that foul.

I agree but the past few months have made me reevaluate what a red card offence should be and it is by those new standards that all tackles should now be judged

I agree but the past few months have made me reevaluate what a red card offence should be and it is by those new standards that all tackles should now be judged

It's the same as all tackles, there is no consistency amongst refs. If they can't make their minds up, according to the laws of the game, then no
VARS is going to make any difference. It's pot luck.

Can someone remind me please when was the last time an opposition player got sent off? There was that Cardiff guy right at the end for a second yellow but anyone for a straight red?

It's the same as all tackles, there is no consistency amongst refs. If they can't make their minds up, according to the laws of the game, then no
VARS is going to make any difference. It's pot luck.

That is true, it is pot luck. Sadly no tackle is exactly the same and so it becomes an interpretation of the law and therefore subjective.

With the benefit of slo-mos, different camera angles and a day later numerous people have seen it differently. Football is not a perfect game and so you have to accept, on occasions, decisions go far you and against you without believing the ref is corrupt everytime.

That is true, it is pot luck. Sadly no tackle is exactly the same and so it becomes an interpretation of the law and therefore subjective.

With the benefit of slo-mos, different camera angles and a day later numerous people have seen it differently. Football is not a perfect game and so you have to accept, on occasions, decisions go far you and against you without believing the ref is corrupt everytime.

I'm not saying anything is corrupt. I believe there is too much shouting for reds cards, from us fans, every time there is a strong mistimed challenge.
But studs up, leg breakers, ala Kane and Alli need sorting.

I'm not saying anything is corrupt. I believe there is too much shouting for reds cards, from us fans, every time there is a strong mistimed challenge.
But studs up, leg breakers, ala Kane and Alli need sorting.

The corrupt was not directed at anyone in particular but we view ref errors not in our favour as evidence of bias. I agree though, and said earlier, sending players off for every offence to the letter of the law would ruin the game as a spectacle.

Refs should be able to use a bit of discretion and not overly influence the results of matches by sending players off for a mistimed tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.