Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see why offsides can’t be done by VAR, or a system similar to goal line technology.

A lot of fouls are down to interpretation, there can be contact but not enough to result in a foul. I don’t see how VAR ever solves that as the ref may see something but deem it not a foul, whereas whoever in charge of VAR may have totally different opinion. Suppose they’d have to do something similar to rugby where the ref sees it again, and the same ref make the decision rather than someone else who may be more or less lenient.

So a lot of football can be interpretation, but something like offside should be black and white. Take the offside decisions away from the liner and they may see more fouls and actually help the ref, rather than what we have at the moment where for most decisions they just wait for the ref to make the call, even though they have a far better view.

Use technology for the clear decisions, ones that can’t be disputed, like if the ball has crossed the line or if someone is on or offside, and they may improve at reffing the other parts of the game that technology struggles to help with.

If I can watch a game on TV and see within a matter of seconds if someone is on or offside, with “lines” across the pitch to prove it (when the lines are straight anyway!), why can’t we bring this in to the game immediately? No delays or holds ups in the game, no arguments, and the refs and liners can concentrate on (getting wrong) the areas of the game that are less clear cut.

What is happening if lino stops an attack as offside where attacker would have been able to sprint alone towards goal but he is on actually. How VAR helps that, certainly they cannot recreate the situation.

They would have to let any offside situation run and finish the chance and then see was it offside actually or no. But thats nonsense as there could be 20 offsides or game on average.

What is happening if lino stops an attack as offside where attacker would have been able to sprint alone towards goal but he is on actually. How VAR helps that, certainly they cannot recreate the situation.

They would have to let any offside situation run and finish the chance and then see was it offside actually or no. But thats nonsense as there could be 20 offsides or game on average.

Advice is to let play go on if VAR is in place and you're not sure.

I guess the difference would be small - the linesman will carry on as normal, but with slightly more leeway. Most offsides they get right now, and there's no reason that that should change.

Although we had Sane's goal disallowed (which was called by the linesman) I thought the ref had a great game against Liverpool. He took no shit off anyone and let some really nice tackles occur. it was a much better watch than in the PL when the merest hint of a touch is a foul that stops the game for ages.

Although we had Sane's goal disallowed (which was called by the linesman) I thought the ref had a great game against Liverpool. He took no shit off anyone and let some really nice tackles occur. it was a much better watch than in the PL when the merest hint of a touch is a foul that stops the game for ages.
You did watch the match, did you? Or are you trying to catch a few with that comment?

Sometimes i wish i was on crack too.

Looks like the introduction of VAR will be delayed till the 2019-20 season as we're too good to stop winning the league next season by normal means.

They have yet to find a way of denying us penalties and "offside" goals that will muddy the waters sufficiently for referees to get away with blatant cheating.

You did watch the match, did you? Or are you trying to catch a few with that comment?
He let it flow just like the old days which made it a much better watch than the ridiculousness of the present day. He took no shit. We had a good goal disallowed by the linesman. Why let that cloud your judgement of a very refreshing performance by the ref?

He let it flow just like the old days which made it a much better watch than the ridiculousness of the present day. He took no shit. We had a good goal disallowed by the linesman. Why let that cloud your judgement of a very refreshing performance by the ref?

Ref bears some of the responsibility for that decision. We could see 50 yards away that it came off Milner so he should have been able to and overruled the linesman- as should the assistant on the bye-line.

As much as we complain about refs Dean missed a terrible challenge with Alonson raking his studs down a Southampton players calf. Not even sure he gave a free kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.