Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
since mane nearly decapitated ederson I do not think there has been a single straight red. pigmol and the fa have definetly given a directive to the cheats not to dish out any. When you think of some of the assaults there cannot be another explanation. sane at Cardiff alii on de bruyne at home the leg breaker on diaz against west brom. we have had meetings with pigmol these tackles have been highlighted in the papers and basically they have just stuck two fingers up at us and let the assaults continue. the ultimate was young last week not only does he do it gets away with it on the the pitch then no retrospective action. Like the sane goal after milners knee this is what totally confirms it for me that the game is corrupt. I am amazed that there have not been more games like Cardiff away where we assaulted at every opportunity Warnock knew he could do whatever he wanted and could get away with it as did young last week.

He was terrible. He was the prototype "I'm the most important person on the pitch" ref. What's more, he has a reputation for the same thing in Spain and is disliked by numerous managers.

The cynic in me thinks that he was chosen for this exact reason, knowing that he would not be fazed by the grief that comes with giving 'strange' decisions.

The total ignoring of timewasting - pretending that he couldn't even see it by refusing to turn towards it - , the awful Sane decision, the sending off of Pep for very little and his general performance could be read as extremely convenient if you were seeking a Liverpool win.

Don't get me wrong, Liverpool probably deserved to go through but the subtle (and occasionally not so subtle) refereeing decisions in both legs made it a far far easier task for them.

No first half injury time showed him up.

A lot of people out here in Spain are really anti-PEP- because of his yellow ribbon and Catalonian independence beliefs.
Was a bit concerned about that when Spanish officials were appointed.

I thought Lloris and Davies were both straight red challenges. Not sure what is worse, Moss seeing them and issuing yellows only or Mike Dean in the Chelsea game not even seeing the Alonso challenge on Long - for which he (Alonso) will presumably receive a retrospective ban. All three were examples of incompetence and further the argument that VAR is already a necessity. I'd rather have Spurs down to 9 and City be 1-0 up rather than 2-0 up and they still have 11 on the pitch. How can the challenges by Kompany, Delph, De Bruyne and Jesus be given the same punishment as those by Lloris and Davies ?

That was a defo red (written on a yellow first)

:-)

Spurs players should have stopped playing, immediately surrounded the referee, and demanded a red card. Would have liked to have seen that one sent for VAR. incredible how many pundits say it was only a yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.