Referees/Officials

Furthermore the amounts of yellow cards that can hurt us in the long run and that our players tend to get so much easier than any other team in the PL.

This is an oft forgotten aspect of the bent refereeing - other teams, CFC and Fabregarse for a starter - do not suffer the kind of suspensions that we do. The week after Fabregarse's RSC impersonation of someone getting shovelled over the pitch hoarding he's scoring a goal to put CFC on their way for another three points. He should have been red-carded along with that tosser who threw Aguero to the floor.

There is so much variation in the application of the Laws that one could rightly think there were different sets for different teams.

So angry having just watched all of those again.
I concur, its sickening to see all those clips again, although I do agree with Eds, on the first one v Leicester. Its one of them "seen em given" moments but I'd be fucking raging if that was awarded against us. There is not a single argument against any of the other incidents. I've not actually seen that behind the goal view of Luiz on Kun, Courtois reaction is telling.

Those two videos - the MANUre v The Arse and our game v CFC are clear enough evidence that there is something up. How Old Mother Riley can explain that Arse game away is beyond me! Complete disapplication of the Laws of the Game you would never want to see! One-sided to the point where you beggar belief as to what is happening. How many red cards should have been issued. The Neville one - Jeez, that's a red all day long, and he didn't even get a yellow. Riley seemed absolutely shit-scared and this open palm claptrap does nothing but egg dirty foul-intended Rags to go on even further. And the Rooney penalty - you wouldn't get a bigger laugh at the Ardwick Hippodrome! The 'England captain' is just another Rag cheat.

4 straight reds off the top of my head and none of them even got a booking. Ashley Cole, 1st foul, booked.

I can take inconsistency to an extent, but some refereeing performances have been blatant favouritism (for whatever reason; bent or otherwise).

I remember Vinny's red against the Rag's for a studs up challenge where he clearly won the ball. The following week, there was another challenge (I can't remember who or which team's) where the player won the ball studs up, but went straight through the player; not even a booking.

Sterling rarely gets a pen for suspicion of diving, but Hazard/Pedro/Shrek/Kane etc. go down in the area; instant pen.

Something is going on for sure.

Michael Oliver (again) - away at Palace

And kevin Friend, home against Middlesbrough

And from Lee Mason against WBA. We went on to win that game comfortably but the non-penalty was of course with the score at 0-0...

Last edited:
Let's not forget Puncheon's off the ball trip on Zab at Palace that was completely ignored.

There's plenty I haven't found GIFs for - the Everton penalty, that one, the (other) sterling penalty shouts on Saturday etc.

I think it comes down to this.

We have had six penalties in the league this season - someone will correct me if I have missed any out and I have looked at league games only. We scored against Sunderland, Swansea and Stoke but missed two against Everton.We have been awarded one penally since, against Hull.

So, in our
first eight league games we were awarded five penalty kicks.

In our next fourteen league games we have been awarded one solitary penalty kick, and I have been posting GIFs of just some of the penalty appeals we have had turned down since then.

I just struggle to see how the team with the highest possession stats in the league simply
don't get fouled in the opposition penalty area.

That is to say nothing of the inconsistency involved - Fernandinho gets a red card against Chelsea for pushing Fabregas over, Dele Ali gets a yellow for the same thing on Saturday. Marriner books Aguero for putting the ball in the net after he had been flagged for offside, Son on Saturday doesn't get booked by the same referee for the same offence.

Something stinks.

Last edited:
And we all remember this one. Not how Taylor starts to run towards the incident bringing his whistle to his lips and then changes his mind

Here is the Gundog penalty from the same game

Do you do requests mate?

If so I'd like to see Alonso on Navas from that game.

I hear through the grapevine that PiGMOL have received a conference request from the Illuminati, The Bilderbergs, Opus Dei and the Skull and Bones cult asking Mike Reilly to reveal how they can keep their work as secretive as he does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.