Referees/Officials

Oh shit that fucker .
Now I remember that cvnt.
:-)

He may have had previous screw-ups against City, but that's far from him being a cheater.

IMO, UEFA management screwed up here - shouldn't appoint a ref with prior bad games for one-side or the other in a match as important as Barca v. City. Nothing good could transpire.

We now have a vocal minority of City fans who are absolutely convinced that the ref is a cheat and is corrupt and that, by extension, corruption is rampant all throughout the UEFA management chain with regard to ref selection and referring of games.

Far better to let him ref us in a meaningless game or not to ref us ever again.

:-)

He may have had previous screw-ups against City, but that's far from him being a cheater.

IMO, UEFA management screwed up here - shouldn't appoint a ref with prior bad games for one-side or the other in a match as important as Barca v. City. Nothing good could transpire.

Far better to let him ref us in a meaningless game or not to ref us ever again.
Agreed but I don't trust any ref these days. He may or may not be a cheat but if he keeps repeating mistakes after mistakes than it is obvious to raise question regarding his integrity.

Agreed but I don't trust any ref these days. He may or may not be a cheat but if he keeps repeating mistakes after mistakes than it is obvious to raise question regarding his integrity.
Touche.

Which is why I think that UEFA management totally screwed up - ridiculous to put the ref in position to possibly make repeated mistakes (in the sense that he already screwed up the last match he referred with us) and then come under intense scrutiny.

Touche.

Which is why I think that UEFA management totally screwed up - ridiculous to put the ref in position to possibly make repeated mistakes (in the sense that he already screwed up the last match he referred with us) and then come under intense scrutiny.

I would be surprised if the ref blatantly cheated, however, if he had, he most certainly would not have given Barca every decision & every pen or possible disallowed goal.

He would try to do it more subtle way, such as exactly how he did it.

I would be surprised if the ref blatantly cheated, however, if he had, he most certainly would not have given Barca every decision & every pen or possible disallowed goal.

He would try to do it more subtle way, such as exactly how he did it.
Agreed that some subtlety would be in play.

But not sending Sterling off and not awarding a penalty when Messi went down? If I were paying the ref to cheat - I'd have feel cheated. Either of those calls - and likely both - could have been made in favor of Barca, even in the context of trying not to be an obvious cheat.

In context - had he sent Sterling off - how much worse is that call then giving a yellow against Sterling in the first place? The original yellow is much worse IMO.

Similarly, awarding a penalty for Messi going down in our box - how much worse is that than not giving a penalty for the clear foul against Sterling in their box?

In short - I think that there was ample opportunity for a corrupt official to make rulings against City - without obviously being a cheat - that were not made.

So - in the unlikely event that the ref was a cheater - then he wasn't a particularly good cheat.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.