Referees/Officials

It seemed to me that the ref gave every decision to Barcelona to a bizarre extent until they scored. After that he seemed to ref the game fairly normally and even-handedly. Making money on football isn't necessarily dependent on one team or the other winning.

It seemed to me that the ref gave every decision to Barcelona to a bizarre extent until they scored. After that he seemed to ref the game fairly normally and even-handedly. Making money on football isn't necessarily dependent on one team or the other winning.
Huh?

Unless the ref was paid to make us win 3-1, I fail to see your logic. Furthermore, it would have been far better to favor City in almost every single call if he wanted us to win 3-1.

Huh?

Unless the ref was paid to make us win 3-1, I fail to see your logic. Furthermore, it would have been far better to favor City in almost every single call if he wanted us to win 3-1.
It's possible that Barcelona had to score first and his work was then done.

Uh, what?

That's Collin Bell-tin hat stuff.

A Barca-City final would be a huge draw - hell, any of Barca/Madrid/Bayern v. City would be huge. Not clear at all why you'd favor Barca even if you were corrupt and just wanted the biggest draw possible for the final.

Tonight's official had a bad game - most dubious calls went in favor of Barca.

If he were on the take, no way we'd have won that game as he could easily have sent Sterling off and could have disallowed one of our goals, carding Kun for a hand ball.
Who is this Collin Bell of which you speak?

It's possible that Barcelona had to score first and his work was then done.
Perhaps that was the payoff.

Nevertheless, to assume that the ref was a cheat, is going on very thin evidence - and, if the cheat theory is correct, there's zero reason to watch any UCL game.

From your post, you seem to think that the ref was corrupt. I'd love to read your logical narritive about why this is so and why that's more logical than the assumption that the ref simply had a bad game.

For the record - I'm pressing hard against the corruption advocates because there's simply not enough evidence to conclude that this was so - moreover, if corruption occurred, we might as well stop watching the UCL - if it's totally corrupt - how will we ever win?

I'm considering both views, as previously stated. There's evidence for both and indisputable proof for neither and therefore it's up for debate, despite your rather clumsy and repetitive attempts to smother any counter view to your own.

Logic obviously isn't your forte so I'll leave it there.

I'm considering both views, as previously stated. There's evidence for both and indisputable proof for neither and therefore it's up for debate, despite your rather clumsy and repetitive attempts to smother any counter view to your own.

Logic obviously isn't your forte so I'll leave it there.
And yet, your own logic is very weak.

It assumes that the world is likely to be corrupt absent evidence otherwise.

And that the world is apt to be very clumsy in their corruption - the assumption being that corrupt management/officials are pretty stupid and thus, it's easy to identify corruption.

So here's the thing...

Yeah,you're obviously correct in that "there's evidence for both"...

And yet you conclude it's a tie. Pretty much 50-50 that UEFA is totally corrupt in it's selection of referees...

And totally inept in their selection of the ref against City given that he could easily have sent off Sterling and awarded a penalty for Messi going down in our box.

Get a fucking clue!

UEFA - very likely against a shit ton of evidence otherwise - isn't corrupt.

And our ref tonight - in spite of the ref being pretty bad/incompetent - wasn't corrupt - unless, in addition to being corrupt, he was also totally incompetent in failing to award Barca the victory and having failed to send Sterling off and having failed to award a penalty when Messi went down in our box.

Last edited:
Look at is this way. If I warned you for trolling or abuse you might not be happy, particularly if I'd let another user get away with something similar. Other users might say you deserved it or I might have been having a bad day and you were the one who was grinding my gears.

But if I issued a warning every time you posted, you'd suspect there was a motive of some sort. If a series of mods issued you with a warning for trolling every post you'd made, then you'd definitely suspect that something was up. It would be very likely that, behind the scenes, we'd made a collective decision as a team that you were a deliberate troll and that we were going to clamp down on you at every opportunity.

The point being, when does a single bad decision (or series of them) become a definite, predetermined pattern?

This went right over his/her head lol.

Woooooosh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.