Referees/Officials

Yes just read it and you are correct also. So apologies again. The bit in bold however stands as striking or attempting to strike an opponent is a red card . Who did this needs sacking.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ter-City-angry-column-FA-decision-Fernandinho

“Off the ball incidents which are not seen at the time by the match officials are referred to a panel of three former elite referees. Each referee panel member will review the video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it a sending-off offence.

“For retrospective action to be taken and an FA charge to follow, the decision of the panel must be unanimous.”

So was it one “elite” referee who said: “Nothing wrong with that slap, lads. Good honest fun,” was it two, or all three? Either way, how is striking another player on the face not a “sending-off offence”?

Quite!

We were both right (ish).

Yes just read it and you are correct also. So apologies again. The bit in bold however stands as striking or attempting to strike an opponent is a red card . Who did this needs sacking.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ter-City-angry-column-FA-decision-Fernandinho

“Off the ball incidents which are not seen at the time by the match officials are referred to a panel of three former elite referees. Each referee panel member will review the video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it a sending-off offence.

“For retrospective action to be taken and an FA charge to follow, the decision of the panel must be unanimous.”

So was it one “elite” referee who said: “Nothing wrong with that slap, lads. Good honest fun,” was it two, or all three? Either way, how is striking another player on the face not a “sending-off offence”?
Because the decision has to be unanimous it only takes one nay sayer to negate any further action. Easy to manipulate.

I'm actually thinking about writing a book that will discuss the referee's and such hoping to expose these issues.

These fucking twats needs to be taken down a notch.

+1 again

Before the Chelsea game I wasn't sure I 50/50 . After the Chelsea game the following week I was talking on the phone to my friend who is a Glasgow Rangers fan and a qualified ref who said "No way can Fabregas get a yellow for that incident". Either red because his slap on Dinho was spotted at the time, or nothing and retrospective red because apart from the slap he did nothing apart from Fern pushing him backwards and then falling over the hoardings neither of which are yellow card offences. We should demand to see what the refs report said about this incident and why he received a yellow card. Add the fact that Spurs be interested in this as Fabregas won them 4 points on the next 2 games with a goal and an assist in two 1-0 wins.
And the frightening thing about that article is that they've given up all pretence or subtlety and resorted to the route 1, blindingly obvious decisions this season.

There's a number of reasons.

The semi is an easy one: The FA Cup, sponsored by Emirates, sees a team sponsored by Emirates playing in the final with the said team having drawn two non-league teams in the previous two rounds.

In the league, they want the teams that most people watch and therefore bring in the advertising revenue and sponsorship in the top four and CL and that's Liverpool, the rags and Arsenal. But there's also a definite vendetta against us because of stuff going on behind the scenes. We're trying hard to upset and topple the old order and they don't like it. The rags would be nowhere near the top four this season if there was a level playing field and the laws of the game were applied consistently and fairly.

The reason Rags /Lfc are so popular is massive free positive publicity/cheerleading from the media for 40--50 yrs...They don't want us to grow our fanbase(neutrals becoming City fans)..everything we do as a negative spin on it...The amount of money in football would not be reduced if City had more positive publicity..that's an excuse by the media to continue to be anti City & pro Utd/Lfc/Afc

I'm actually thinking about writing a book that will discuss the referee's and such hoping to expose these issues.

These fucking twats needs to be taken down a notch.
If it could be proven, they need more than taking down a notch. Influencing the outcome of a game by underhand means is basically fraud however you choose to dress it up. Considering the amount of money involved (£2M merit based earnings per league position alone; not including any image rights/TV fees/advertising revenue etc.), it is high level fraud.

Here's a post from that site. Does anyone recognise these scenarios he's describing?
That's one of my favourite quotes. Underwood is a prat about certain stuff and I think some bluemooners fell out with him over Ffp, but for his work on refs I think he deserves some kudos. He's always going to get some stuff wrong but at least he's trying and I'd love for city to bring in a team from Germany or similar to go through all of the matches we've played

The day that we will get a ref that is in our favour from the start of the match to end of it, will be the day that hell freezes over. As that is not likely to happen any time soon, I suggest fellow blues that we better get use to all the ref's being anti City.

With Martin Atkinson due to be the ref for the derby on Thursday, I am already expecting him to give the rags a penalty should they be either losing or drawing so that they can either get in front of us or stay the same points behind us. There is no way that I can see him letting us win this game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.