Referees/Officials

Surely the club recognizes that we are being done over by the referees. Hope the private detectives have been busy and a dossier is ready.

Fat chance. Everything seems to be accepting and bend over about City at the moment.

He fucking kicked his feet from under him ffs fella.

How much more nailed on do you want?

No, it was only a blatant penalty when you watch it in slow motion from other angles.
In realtime,it was a strange incident where you weren't quite sure how the ball ended up in the goalkeepers's hands.
Clattenburg wasn't sure, so he didn't give it.

As others have already mentioned, it was the persistent fouling, (without yellow cards), that was the real killer.

No, it was only a blatant penalty when you watch it in slow motion from other angles.
In realtime,it was a strange incident where you weren't quite sure how the ball ended up in the goalkeepers's hands.
Clattenburg wasn't sure, so he didn't give it.

As others have already mentioned, it was the persistent fouling, (without yellow cards), that was the real killer.

I don't want to give Twattenburg any credit but I kind of agree - it should've been a penalty but it was possible that the ref didn't spot it and perhaps just saw a coming together of 3 players. The persistent fouling though - especially from Davies - without cards being produced was a joke and lo and behold Silva gets booked for his first challenge on him.

I will add that Aguero was inches away from scoring in the first half after a clear foul on one of their players wasn't spotted.

To sum up, definitely some annoying aspects to Clattenburg's reffing today but it wasn't a patch on Taylor's utterly bent display against Chelsea the other week.

Last edited:
I don't want to give Twattenburg any credit but I kind of agree - it should've been a penalty but it was possible that the ref didn't spot it and perhaps just saw a coming together of 3 players. The persistent fouling though - especially from Davies - without cards being produced was a joke and lo and behold Silva gets booked for his first challenge on him.

I will add that Aguero was inches away from scoring in the first half after a clear foul on one of their players wasn't spotted.

To sum up, definitely some annoying aspects of Clattenburg's reffing today but it wasn't a patch on Taylor's utterly bent display against Chelsea the other week.
Regarding the pen think that Raz is getting a bit of a reputation of going to ground too easily till he mans up a bit refs will start to wave away his appeals

Davies shouldn't of been on the pitch to get his goal but that didn't have any bearing on the game as we were well out of it before that and that was all down to us.

Think Clattenburg acknowledged to Sterling something along the lines of 'My fault', as the teams were awaiting Lukaku to appear at the start of the second half.

To sum up, definitely some annoying aspects to Clattenburg's reffing today but it wasn't a patch on Taylor's utterly bent display against Chelsea the other week.
I agree with this, and in any case it really had little to with the result, other than we probably would have gone in front early, but our lack of desire today was there for all to see, and also we turned to the petulance towards the end again, luckily today it didn't cost us.

United get another offside goal given, how surprising. Even Gary Neville alluding to United getting the late goals and "luck" with decisions this last few months but you'll still get a few saying nothings happening.

Last edited:
I agree with this, and in any case it really had little to with the result, other than we probably would have gone in front early, but our lack of desire today was there for all to see, and also we turned to the petulance towards the end again, luckily today it didn't cost us.
Got to disagree tbh, the game was very much in the balance at that point and if we get the lead instead of them I think we win that game. We are wank when we go behind, but if we go in front then we're generally pretty good.

It's more just the constant benefit of the doubt that goes to the opposition that is becoming impossible. It's a stonewall penalty, but the referees not sure so he gives them the benefit of the doubt, just as he does with various blatant yellow cards that would have put pressure on their constant fouling. It's the same every game, if it's remotely possible to not give us something then the referees will, but if it's us then the letter of the law is applied. It makes such a difference, especially when the game is still tied

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.