Referees/Officials

City get booked on the 1st or 2nd offence, opposition gets a lot more leeway.

Today it showed up again.

A Rooney stamp today, no card.
The referee actually tried to give Rooney the freekick until the linesman told him to give it the other way. He was luckily backed up by Sky though, who showed one replay, saw it was a clear red so then didn't show any more, instead focusing on how nice it was of Rooney to talk to Milner while he was down injured

The referee actually tried to give Rooney the freekick until the linesman told him to give it the other way. He was luckily backed up by Sky though, who showed one replay, saw it was a clear red so then didn't show any more, instead focusing on how nice it was of Rooney to talk to Milner while he was down injured

TBH I've given up watching any football to do with MUTV Sky Sports and BT Sports. I can't stomach the biased commentating and ex-United and Liverpool pundits. You might as well subscribe to MUTV. It's either a live foreign feed, or regular interweb updates for me.

Twattenberg did his job today.

Igored a blatant penalty claim at 0-0 and now the rest is history.

UTD have been incredibly lucky. It's just a coincidence that we haven't. Focusing on their luck makes us feel worse. I believe we were getting the short end of the stick, but I also believe we spent much of the first half of the season causing our own problems.

The big disciplinary initiative this season was the crackdown on dissent. I noticed a change in attitude from the word go.

Except.... when we were playing. It was....oooh.... about a week, before we started being petulant, arrogant, dismissive - at times even aggressive - in the way we spoke to them. Pep's comments weren't helping.

Refs are emotional creatures like the rest of us. They see things 'getting better' for them, then see us very publicly disrespecting their colleagues on the pitch. What emotions do you think we inspired?

I think we got people's backs up. Then all but demanded the league has to make allowances for our style of football.

When Wenger said something not entirely dissimilar a few years back, he did so in reference to very visible incidents resulting in serious injuries. It created a debate about the protection offered to small, agile players.

This year, we've done it because we've lost points, or come close to losing them. And all the while, OUR discipline was really poor. We were more likely to be recklessly/aggressively causing injury, than suffering it.

(It won't have helped that someone like Ota is an obvious case of a con artist who only gets away with it because his attempts to influence the ref are so... weak ...nobody pays any attention.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.