reggae music

nelsons willie

any reggae fans on here..im trying to find out who sang a song..i heard it on radio coouple of years back.me and the lad i was workin with remembered it from our youth but we didnt catch who sang it..ok only rough details but here goes..we think it was called reelin and rockin and was from about 1972 73 74ish..only thing i get on search is chuck berry song and its not that..bit vague but someone may know it straight off.

exileindevon said:
any reggae fans on here..im trying to find out who sang a song..i heard it on radio coouple of years back.me and the lad i was workin with remembered it from our youth but we didnt catch who sang it..ok only rough details but here goes..we think it was called reelin and rockin and was from about 1972 73 74ish..only thing i get on search is chuck berry song and its not that..bit vague but someone may know it straight off.

Never heard of it Dave!

droylsdenblue said:
exileindevon said:

Never heard of it Dave!
lol thanks.im sure they used to play it at daisy nook fair on the waltzers

I've always loved reggae ..... probably down to my multi-cultural Hulme upbringing back in the seventies ..... but i just can't place those words 'reelin and rocking' , i'd need a bit more to try and track it down ........ i was always a fan of people like Jimmy Cliff , Greyhound , the Pioneers , Desmond Dekker , Bob and Marcia etc ...... some great music.

around and around - chuck berry

''..they say the joint was rockin' ,
goin' round and round ,
yeah reelin' and a rockin' ,
what a crazy sound ,
well they never stop a rockin' ,
'till the moon went down ..''

every man and his dog have put their own take on this tune , from the animals and the rolling stones to david bowie . there's got to be a reggae version somewhere out there ?

my reggae/dancehall master has got to be tenor saw . tragically killed in the states in his early twenties . any reggae/dancehall lovers get on you tube etal and listen to some of his tunes ;
pumpkin belly
roll call
ring the alarm
golden hen
fever
lots of signs
raggamuffin love
shirley jones
to name but a few .

anyone remember the kitchen in hulme ( 2 flats knocked into 1 , warm red stripe for a quid , skunk/cali weed fog and huge fuck off sound systems , lol ) . the reno in the moss and frontline radio , ah happy days . loved the blues/shebeens .

Only thing I could find is this by The Gaylads- lyrics only and I couldn't find it on you tube but there are other tracks by them.

I Need Your Loving

I need your loving, baby, every day and night, now
I need your loving arms to hold me tight, tight now
Ooh, I need your loving, yeah, that sweet, sweet loving
Ooh, that tender loving

Every day and night, now, every day and night, now
Love got a hold on me, now, love got a hold on me, now,
I'm rocking, rocking, got me rocking and reeling
Yes, I'm rocking, rocking, got me rocking and reeling

Because I'm crazy about you baby, and I can't have enough of you
Got to have your loving, baby, got to have your kisses baby

Ooh, that tender loving

Ooh, that tender loving

Ooh, that tender loving

Ooh, that tender loving

I like the old Skinhead reggea like this one by The Gladiators

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp3vm2059uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp3vm2059uk</a>

No matter what the people say
These sounds leads the way

boss!

Here it is - Peter Tosh

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2vwqgYKNv0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2vwqgYKNv0</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.