Regrouping of singers within the stadium

Have to agree that there should be no place for people who can't get behind the team in the Singing Section.

I was joining in the songs from the West Stand but I could see people in the Singing Section towards the North West corner contributing sweet FA. I hope these plastics don't make it into 114 or 115!

How may rows across are 115 empty seats? And don't forget, the club has added and extra 3 rows at the bottom of the tier. Being selfish, only because I want this to be a success, I will be disappointed if those remaining seats go to matchday sales and to fans who have no interest in singing. It sort of defeats what 1894 and those who have relocated are trying to do/achieve.

LoveCity said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Compulsive Rambler said:
Just be aware of the atmosphere tourists is all I can say.
Last night in the singing section a few people who stood close by to us were it seems just there to observe the atmosphere, rarely singing and spent most of the time chatting amongst themselves about day to day issues, completely unrelated to the football.

I wouldn't normally notice but on a terrace when they are stood inches behind you....

If you want to do this then fine, but can you do this somewhere else in the ground which then allows those of us with sore throats today the facility to invite other genuine singers into that section.

Not nice seeing the stewarding last night either.
Telling people to stop waving flags, putting up banners and so on... We want to improve the atmosphere - it seems others want to make it harder.

i know it might sound cheesy, but could 1894 hand out leaflets to the singing section telling them if they are part of a singing section they must sing and contribute to the atmosphere or possibly go round the block and tell people.

There was loads of time for people to join this block so the fact there are still 150+ empty seats in 115 perhaps shows how arsed many truly are about the atmosphere (personally I sacrificed a good view and familiarity with people around me to join it). The people who already joined up for it won't need a leaflet because they took the time and effort to sign up for an area focused on atmosphere. The 1894 / club can do nothing now if those 150+ seats are taken by Miserable Mike or Jaded Jane. So if anyone here wants to impact the atmosphere, feel free to relocate to 115 or whatever is left in 114.

the problem is though that there are still people who go into these sections to be part of it rather than contribute to it, classic example the south stand now. I just think a friendly reminder to everyone could help. It might help but likewise as you say a lot of the people in there will be there to sing.

I wouldn't be too worried about the blocks not selling out. I think there will be enough enthusiastic people on the waiting list who want to move into these sections.

The thing is though - I've been aware of the Singing Section since 1894 was formed, being a member of 1894 but I have not relocated to the NEW singing section as I'd say a good 50+ of us are all in 111 corner and we all sing and stand anyway so with the exception of ticker tape and flags everywhere we'll still be making noise.... Win, Lose or Draw. So we didn't feel it necessary to relocate.

if you're willing to create atmosphere, and aren't assed about your facebook status for 10seconds then join the singing section and let's improve the atmosphere at City :)

Well I've relocated from 122 to 115 next season and on my own too so I'll admit it's a little daunting but I'm hoping we can make it like away games for atmosphere.
As previously stated I think it will take a while to bed in but any plans for a pre season social meet up? Might sound cheesy but if we just all turn up in August as a bunch of strangers it's going to take longer to get things going than if we've maybe met a few others beforehand and are familiar with faces/groups etc

Compulsive Rambler said:
The thing is though - I've been aware of the Singing Section since 1894 was formed, being a member of 1894 but I have not relocated to the NEW singing section as I'd say a good 50+ of us are all in 111 corner and we all sing and stand anyway so with the exception of ticker tape and flags everywhere we'll still be making noise.... Win, Lose or Draw. So we didn't feel it necessary to relocate.

if you're willing to create atmosphere, and aren't assed about your facebook status for 10seconds then join the singing section and let's improve the atmosphere at City :)

Yes. The whole point is that its people moving voluntarily. If every singer moves then we cant link up 111 to 119 with the same songs. So good that enough people stay where they are. A few people from south lower have moved 'upstairs' to level 3. So cost comes into it too for people.

But if we get the singers from 2nd tier and from north stand end joining us in the south lower we will have done it...operation one end !

LoveCity said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Compulsive Rambler said:
Just be aware of the atmosphere tourists is all I can say.
Last night in the singing section a few people who stood close by to us were it seems just there to observe the atmosphere, rarely singing and spent most of the time chatting amongst themselves about day to day issues, completely unrelated to the football.

I wouldn't normally notice but on a terrace when they are stood inches behind you....

If you want to do this then fine, but can you do this somewhere else in the ground which then allows those of us with sore throats today the facility to invite other genuine singers into that section.

Not nice seeing the stewarding last night either.
Telling people to stop waving flags, putting up banners and so on... We want to improve the atmosphere - it seems others want to make it harder.

i know it might sound cheesy, but could 1894 hand out leaflets to the singing section telling them if they are part of a singing section they must sing and contribute to the atmosphere or possibly go round the block and tell people.

There was loads of time for people to join this block so the fact there are still 150+ empty seats in 115 perhaps shows how arsed many truly are about the atmosphere (personally I sacrificed a good view and familiarity with people around me to join it). The people who already joined up for it won't need a leaflet because they took the time and effort to sign up for an area focused on atmosphere. The 1894 / club can do nothing now if those 150+ seats are taken by Miserable Mike or Jaded Jane. So if anyone here wants to impact the atmosphere, feel free to relocate to 115 or whatever is left in 114.

I think there's a few people like myself though who have been in block 117 for years and quite happy there. If anyone knows me, you know I've been interested in the atmosphere issue for some time, but I'm not going to relocate, got too many mates and people I like chatting to to move. You need people like myself to keep the noise moving round the remainder of the South Stand, and to start songs as well, without the fear of a massive flag blocking my view of the game!

The best I could do. Screengrabs and photoshop.

In total 178 seats/spaces left in the new 114/115 singing section. Half of block 114 nearly sold out. Top is 114, bottom is 115.

If anyone is still thinking about it, there are still some decent seats left in 115, near the middle.

dGFI8Rt.jpg
od6WEgm.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.