Regrouping of singers within the stadium

Nixon, why make it harder for these kids who've just started singing in the City Choir?
The "never felt more like singing the blues" chant has been gathering more success with it lasting for more than 10 seconds

Blocks 111,110, and 109.

Thought the atmosphere was pretty decent on Saturday. The 2nd half was better than the 1st half. Credit to the lads at the back who got "Only 1 City" going, and kept it going for a good 10-15 minutes. That's all it needs, a group of fans who will continue singing, regardless. Eventually those around them joined in. With up to 600-700 grouped together in blocks 115 and 114, and the current singers in blocks, 111, 110, and 109, next season, the atmosphere will improve no end.

Compulsive Rambler said:
Nixon, why make it harder for these kids who've just started singing in the City Choir?
The "never felt more like singing the blues" chant has been gathering more success with it lasting for more than 10 seconds

lol, very true. Im just a traditionalist I suppose and old and set in my ways. I'd love nothing more than for us to reintroduce the old retro Clap, Clap, Clap clap clap, clap clap clap clap CITY, repeat. Gathering speed until it becomes the City, City, City chant of the old Kippax.
Cant have everything though, Im already very pleased with the reintroduction of the Boys in Blue pre kick off and make sure that I am always in my spot in time to sing along, this is gathering more and more support week on week around me.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Compulsive Rambler said:

lol, very true. Im just a traditionalist I suppose and old and set in my ways. I'd love nothing more than for us to reintroduce the old retro Clap, Clap, Clap clap clap, clap clap clap clap CITY, repeat. Gathering speed until it becomes the City, City, City chant of the old Kippax.
Cant have everything though, Im already very pleased with the reintroduction of the Boys in Blue pre kick off and make sure that I am always in my spot in time to sing along, this is gathering more and more support week on week around me.

Yes, I love the Boys in Blue song. So glad it's been reintroduced. Not sure how many people actually know the words though.

Tim of the Oak said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
i think one thing that could help with atmosphere is the three new rows at the front of each block. It will bring the fans closer to the pitch swell as increasing the numbers in the signing section. They we can have 110 - 111 and 114 115 as the main singing sections

Can we get the band in the first three rows. Then the atmosphere would really improve.

Good effort by the singers in the second half today!

The Band? Good idea, and while we are at it let's have cheerleaders, sponge pointy hands, someone with a megaphone never watching the game, and other such suggestions.

wearethesouthstand said:
jrb said:
The best I could do. Screengrabs and photoshop.

In total 178 seats/spaces left in the new 114/115 singing section. Half of block 114 nearly sold out. Top is 114, bottom is 115.

If anyone is still thinking about it, there are still some decent seats left in 115, near the middle.

dGFI8Rt.jpg
od6WEgm.jpg

Basically when people mailed us we mailed back saying do you want top middle or bottom section. Most people wanted top which is why we loaded up 114 and 115 from the back and thats why the spaces were nearer the front. one a half blocks = circa 950 people and if 150 left thats 800 singers in the centre of the stand with people also moving into the gaps in 109 110 111 116 117 and 118 when people move from there. Biggest block people moving from is 109. After that it was 117. Only 9 moved from 111 so thats largely intact

115 seats left in 115, and 11 seats left in 114.

52 more seats sold since I did that update.

Compulsive Rambler said:

one banana two banana ...........

desperatedon said:
Tim of the Oak said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
i think one thing that could help with atmosphere is the three new rows at the front of each block. It will bring the fans closer to the pitch swell as increasing the numbers in the signing section. They we can have 110 - 111 and 114 115 as the main singing sections

Can we get the band in the first three rows. Then the atmosphere would really improve.

The Band? Good idea, and while we are at it let's have cheerleaders, sponge pointy hands, someone with a megaphone never watching the game, and other such suggestions.

better still let's sit in silence and moan all game

mancityvstoke said:
desperatedon said:
Tim of the Oak said:

spot on mate!!

Time for the Poznan to return as well!

Tim of the Oak said:
mancityvstoke said:
desperatedon said:

spot on mate!!

Time for the Poznan to return as well!

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I prefer a traditional football atmosphere that City managed for decades, but if you kids feel that you can't manage that without introducing novelty American and European ideas then you just go ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.