Releasing 'The Lockerbie Bomber'

Even some of the Lockerbie families agree that he wasn't the perpetrator. Good on the Scots and two fingers to the USA who have protected the real bombers. They were almost certainly the Syrian backed PFLP-GC, probably working for Iran.

And how many families in the US have lost loved ones incorrectly executed in prison either because they were innocent, mentally incapable or juveniles?

I'm with the Americans on this.It's a bloody outrage that they have released him early.I don't care that he is dying.He killed hundreds.Even if he is the 'fall guy' Lybia hung him out to dry and closed ranks protecting the real killers.

Life should mean bloody life.Not life but we will let you out if you get ill.

And now there is talk that it all was to do with a trade agreement.If the rumours are true then it's even more of an outrage.

dannybcity said:
They had to release him, it's the only humane thing to do.

Humane would be blowing up a full airliner over a scottish town and therefore murdering hundreds of people.
Humane would be going into hiding with your governments help for years.

Humane.Spot on.

He was found guilty and that is all we have.
Is he guilty??? That is what appeals are for. He was released because he was ill.
It leaves a bitter taste in the mouth that he should be released to such a fanfare.
I am all for compassion but he should not have neen released as long as he has some quality of life left to him. If he was like Biggs and bed bound being fed by a drip then OK but going home to be tretaed like a hero is a big no.
Having said that I don't think politicians should make the decision. When some body should be released for compasionate grounds shoudl be agreed in parliment and laid down in law.
Then a judge should make the decision if compasion applied in every case.
It would save all this fuss and conspiracy rumours.

BimboBob said:
dannybcity said:
They had to release him, it's the only humane thing to do.

Humane would be blowing up a full airliner over a scottish town and therefore murdering hundreds of people.
Humane would be going into hiding with your governments help for years.

Humane.Spot on.

So you judge your standards of humanity against those held by murderers?

For those of you who have said releasing him was the right thing to do due to his illness….

Would you feel the same if it was Myra Hindley? Ian Brady?? Rose West?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.