Relegated after winning the title

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by The Light Was Yellow Sir, 23 Dec 2016.

1. The Light Was Yellow Sir

The Light Was Yellow Sir

Although I was aware of the unique feat of being relegated the season after winning the league, whilst being the top scorers in the division, this article sort of sums up being a City fan. https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...onary-title-to-relegation-tale-leicester-city
    It has also changed my view on Leicester, as I was thinking it would be funny if they went down but, having read that article, I think I would rather we kept this particular piece of history to ourselves. City, you can't help but love them.

2. Sportlad

Sportlad

Hah, I don't think Leicester will go down but I have to admit I did think they would perform a little better than they are this season. There's no way they were winning the title again (although I'm not sure I should say that with such confidence after last season!), but they are way further down than I thought they would be. Typical that they had that recent freak result against us though!

3. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

They were pre season favourites for relegation last season.
    I see no reason for them not to go down this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. i8therags

i8therags

I said as a joke to a mate before the start of the season. "I wonder what the odds are for Leicester to win the champs league and get relegated the same season "Hope it doesn't happen or I'll be pig sick for not seeing if any betting shop will give me odds. Won't happen but I must admit I'm starting to twitch a bit. Good story btw from the op. Typical City.

5. peoffrey

peoffrey

Team supported:
    Wales
    Leicester will not win the Champions League. Personally didn't give a fuck that they won the title last season. Vardy in particular is everything that is wrong with modern footballers.

6. 1.618034

We play them 2nd last game of the season, so if things do go badly for them it could be us that relegates them.

7. willy eckerslike

willy eckerslike

I bet that ref in the final game was a closet rag ... to the Agenda thread ...!!!

But seriously, I want to keep this record too.

8. The-Dogs-Pollocks

The-Dogs-Pollocks

Whatever. Leicester last season were a breath of fresh air.Vardy was awesome, made it from non league to prem champion.
    Nuff said.

9. Brendan110_0

Brendan110_0

Non-league to prem champions? I guess every league winner did that to some degree.

10. BlueTG

BlueTG

No mate he's the only one ever. Someone make a film quick!