Religion

you can read into it however you want and its entirely up to you
but its what was luke's intention when he wrote it is what counts, but as we don't have explanation from him/her then we have to go with what is wrote
You can choose to go with what he wrote in that way, I don’t have to :) But on a sincere note it could point to the idea of humanity being ‘rich’ in understanding but in a way that masks a lack of understanding - yet as the lack of understanding is released there can be an opening to an abundant source of universal intelligence. The ‘old’ understanding may reject that intelligence whereas the ‘new’ understanding may reflect an acceptance of it. This may go through cycles but as it does so humanity may come to live in greater harmony with the universe and new solutions to old problems may be found. cheers ;)

You can choose to go with what he wrote in that way, I don’t have to :) But on a sincere note it could point to the idea of humanity being ‘rich’ in understanding but in a way that masks a lack of understanding - yet as the lack of understanding is released there can be an opening to an abundant source of universal intelligence. The ‘old’ understanding may reject that intelligence whereas the ‘new’ understanding may reflect an acceptance of it. This may go through cycles but as it does so humanity may come to live in greater harmony with the universe and new solutions to old problems may be found. cheers ;)
it could well be art and you've chose to go that way as its your disposition to think that way
but unless we have the authors intention and we have no prior or subsequent work to go by we have to go with what is written

it could well be art and you've chose to go that way as its your disposition to think that way
but unless we have the authors intention and we have no prior or subsequent work to go by we have to go with what is written
I think I understand where you are coming and fair enough. Where I may be differing is to see it as one form of expression of a universal wisdom that is as applicable now as it was then (even though outer understandings may have changed to some degree, the process of inner change may not have) Anyhow, have a beautiful day.

Last edited:
Here's a good one that is never spoken about. If the Bible was 'truth' then there could only be one version of it, not hundreds. There is said to be around a hundred versions in the English language alone [google search]. Meanwhile, the King James version which is the official version of the Church of England claims at it's beginning in the dedication to King James 1st of England that he was also the King of France. He was NEVER the King of France yet the Bible still claims it. So a lie is presented right at it's beginning.
Do you have plants in your garden? do they all grow at the same rate, flower at the same time, look identical etc Maybe humans are similar in their growth and thus a spiritual text may address the different levels and ways of understanding, that each may blossom in their own time, in their own way? Then again if you want a one size fits all for humans, that may demand a boom of truth like you speak of. But wouldn’t that be more like a technical manual for robots?

Some nice airy fairy impractical spiritual stuff from Rickson Gracie :)

“Although Orlando Cani looked like a 1970s hippie yoga teacher, nothing could have been further from the truth. Two decades my senior, he was a former paratrooper and one of the greatest athletes in Brazilian history. A champion swimmer, gymnast, runner, and marksman, Cani was also proficient in a number of martial arts. After he won his second world military pentathlon, the president of Brazil, Humberto Castelo Branco, awarded him the nation’s highest athletic honor, the Sport Cross of Merit. After retiring from competition, he turned his full attention to Hatha-yoga and Pranayama breathing, and he traveled to India to study with Shri Yogendra, the father of modern yoga. When the class began, I was immediately impressed by Orlando Cani’s agility and how well he moved for his age. We followed and tried to copy his movements as he talked to us and encouraged the class to relax, breathe, and empty our minds. He would say, “Imagine you are a bird, move your arms.” This was rhythmic and flowing, like dance and unlike yoga; I found it easy to slip into a more meditative state of mind. I wasn’t thinking, I was just following Orlando and copying his movements. Toward the end of the class, he took me aside and said, “Rickson, you’re special. I want to teach you privately because your ability level is so high.” Cani’s classes were not for everyone. You did not go to his studio to lose weight or to build muscles. Many students were confused by his commands because he would never say, “Do ten more reps.” Instead he would say, “Extend your body’s trunk, maintain neck posture, exhale, and let your internal energy flow.” If you are moving and breathing, you can’t have other thoughts in your head. You can’t think, then move and breathe; it’s not the same. He wanted to focus on the body’s “psychomotor system” in order to develop fast, smooth, and explosive extension and flexibility.”

— Breathe: A Life in Flow by Peter Maguire

This too…that seemingly most have been taught to forget.

“Orlando Cani taught me how to empty my mind and use intuition instead of my brain. After training with him, my perception improved to the point where I could shake someone’s hand and instantly determine if he was friend or foe, relaxed or tense, happy or sad, confident or insecure. This gave me a huge advantage in the ring. When I fought, I was neither emotional nor intellectual. I never thought about strategy; I just allowed myself to connect with my opponent on a profound level. The moment the bell rang, I didn’t expect anything or plan anything. In order to do this, I had to rid myself of all thoughts about victory or defeat. Anything I didn’t need for that specific fight against that specific opponent went on the shelf.”

— Breathe: A Life in Flow by Peter Maguire

A different look at the first beatitude - which may change how one relates to the rest of the teachings. Breath may and it’s way, more so than just intellect and rigid dogma.

“(KJV version: Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.) Happy and aligned with the One are those who find their home in the breathing; to them belong the inner kingdom and queendom of heaven. Blessed are those who are refined in breath; they shall find their ruling principles and ideals guided by God’s light. Tuned to the Source are those who live by breathing Unity; their “I can!” is included in God’s. Healthy are those who devotedly hold fast to the spirit of life; holding them is the cosmic Ruler of all that shines and rises.”

— Prayers of the Cosmos: Reflections on the Original Meaning of Jesus' Words by Neil Douglas-Klotz

Last edited:
Any words of wisdom from our resident religious sector re the indescrininite bombing of the Ukrainian people and will God finally get round to sorting out the Commies come judgement day for their inhumanity to man. Discuss.
No he won't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.