Relocating The Away Fans: Your Preferred Choice

jrb said:
Would look something like Bayern's stadium internally. Obviously the depth of the tiers differs.

But you can get an idea of how the South Stand Lower tier could be utilized and would look, if it became a full singing section.

Click to enlarge picture.

[bigimg]http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/494068.jpg[/bigimg]
AC Milan's Ultras at the San Siro sit up high at one end and make their racket and create their tifos from up high. Sometimes their tifos start up top with flags so big they actually drop down to the bottom tier. It would be good to get all the singers up in this third tier since the first and second tiers are so small at the Etihad.

milan-ultras.jpg

n_ac_milan_san_siro-628902.jpg

sansiro1.jpg

milan-tifo.jpg

peoffrey said:
I don't think any existing Seasoncard holders should be affected by the proposed move. They may have been there since day one and formed a nice community that will be lost if they're broken up. I'd be pissed off if it happened to me.

It's got to be to the 3rd tier of the South Stand once the expansion has happened. Perhaps the 2nd and 3rd tier with the 3rd tier to sell out first before extra tickets are distributed.
Before there were seats people moved about all over the place at footy grounds. One week the right of the Kippax, next week the left, over to the Scoreboard End and then back to the Kippax on the halfway line.

mcfc1894 said:
jrb said:
Think of it like this.

"Barcelona* stick away fans in the Gods. Madrid stick away fans in the Gods. Etc.(see above)
Newcastle and Sunderland do it. United tried it but got knocack due to concerns regarding opposing fans crossing each other under the North Stand.

I'd guess that there's a level of support high up within the club that would like to see away fans moved to level 3, thus allowing the lower tier to be full of City fans, which would give the team a psychological advantage during matches.

Cast your mind back to 2 games in particular last season. Arsenal and United. Both late goals came at the end where the away fans are, and their players ran over and celebrate in front of the away fans. In essence in front of our vocal support.

Cast your mind back to the FA Cup derby at the Etihad. 6000 United fans filling the South Stand. They same with other teams in the FA Cup. Not good.

Another occasion was Dortmund at home in the CL. Let's give their fans some credit for signing non-stop for 90 minutes. Putting that aside, that kind of vocal support at pitch level inspires opposing players/teams. Up in the Gods it's less effective.

That kind of momentum/inspiration can't be given to away teams. That's my take on it. I think City will move the away fans to one of the 3rd tiers.

thats the biggest load of bollocks I have ever read. united scored all there goals infront of the north stand. scored 2 in the last derby in front of the north stand, scored last min winner because of nasri being a puff. the kop at anfield is great for 1 min before the game rest of the time its shite amd we all know it to the poster above. jrb you're in 111 as far as I know, you know how shit it is when teams with no away fans turn up. yes I know our atmosphere shouldn't determine on how many an away team bring, but it does. if we was that good then atmospheres against teams like Fulham will be just as good as Liverpool, but its not. operation one end was a failure, and moving away fans will ruin it even more. like I've said before move them and most of the singers will follow. me included. barca and real as examples fuck me. yeah their stadiums are a cauldron of noise! jesus christ

Long story short I think he's right, not about the goals they were coming anyway.

Away fans level 1 and level 2 can effect a players efforts. Level 3 they are less effective to influence away players.

Caveman said:
peoffrey said:
I don't think any existing Seasoncard holders should be affected by the proposed move. They may have been there since day one and formed a nice community that will be lost if they're broken up. I'd be pissed off if it happened to me.

It's got to be to the 3rd tier of the South Stand once the expansion has happened. Perhaps the 2nd and 3rd tier with the 3rd tier to sell out first before extra tickets are distributed.
Before there were seats people moved about all over the place at footy grounds. One week the right of the Kippax, next week the left, over to the Scoreboard End and then back to the Kippax on the halfway line.

But that's all changed now. We have seats, we, as Caveman rightly points out, have forged friendships & communities that would be lost & it takes a lot of time to rebuild that camaraderie.

1.618034 said:
ninjamonkey said:
Why do so many people care about the away fans being in shot of tv cameras?

I don't understand this either. I can see why not having them pitch-side might be better for us but what it's got to do with being on TV I don't know.

I can see positives and negatives for all 3 options tbh... My initial feelings were to keep them where they are, for the "banter" but with us going to have 3rd tiers all the way around, then moving them up to either SS3 or ES3 will just mean the "banter" will take place between those sections...

If they go to SS3 then ES3 would be the place to be to bounce off them but for me the best idea, for atmosphere would be to put them in ES3... This will mean that the whole of the SS would be City and if they're doing cheaper tickets in SS3 for Blues then that will be the best place to have a go at/have banter with the away fans. It might see ES3 also become more lively...?

The more I think about it the more I reckon this is the option that the club will want. The only problems I can foresee are with away fans using the spirals before and after big games. I guess they'd just have to wait in their seats/in the concourse until most blues have left/been moved on...? It happens to us often enough.

But the advantages seem to out-weigh the problems for this option as segregation/access will be quite easy, flexible and consistent. Plus it leaves the cheaper seats and whole SS for us to reinvent as the heartbeat of the stadium. Leaving them anywhere in the SS just dilutes that IMO.

I also think that the club would prefer a level 3 option because that then leaves all of level 2 for the high-end/corporate "customers"...

But as JRB has asked, I think a straw poll on here would be interesting, just to see what people's initial opinions/thoughts are. It's difficult to gauge accurately from the posts alone as to what the preferred option is.

^This.

jrb said:
Neville Kneville said:
Building our own Kop, then handing a 3rd of it to away fans would be absolute Madness. If our fans are worth a shit, then it should be possible to have proper end, which leads the ground in support of the team, without having to stare at some fat bastard from Birmingham or Newcastle for inspiration.

You can still wave your arms at them & take the piss if they are in the East stand (if that's Your enjoyment rather than football). Try shouting a bit louder so they can hear you..

Exactly.

We'll still be able to see and hear them. Likewise, they'll still be able to see and hear us. Stick them to the left of the ES L3, facing the pitch. Then create a proper joined up South Stand Lower Singing tier.

But were not building a kop......??

Eccles Blue said:
Caveman said:
peoffrey said:

But that's all changed now. We have seats, we, as Caveman rightly points out, have forged friendships & communities that would be lost & it takes a lot of time to rebuild that camaraderie.

No Blue should ever be forced to move to a new area to be replaced by an away fan who attends once a season at the most. I'm all for away fans to be moved to the new section once it's built because lots of Clubs barely fill one tier these days.

Besides, I stood on terraces when I was going to Non League matches as a teenager and the same faces would stand in the same spots for each match.

Eccles Blue said:
Caveman said:
peoffrey said:

Not really Caveman.

That was the case in the North Stand.

But that didn't matter one bit when the club decided to turn it into the Family Stand.

Whether fans/people like it or not, the club will do what it *wants to*, and *has to* to progress on and *off* the pitch.

If the club decide to relocate the away fans, it will be done, regardless if people have sat in the same seat since City moved to the Etihad, etc.

As with the North Stand fiasco, which upset a lot of fans, fans/people eventually come to terms and accept a decision/s.

It's like decisions made at work by Management. Not always liked, but you just get on with it as there's nothing you can do about it. And overtime that resentment fades, and Life goes on.

it goes like this......as always...................

if company[city]has highly preferred option..[for whatever financial/logistical reasons etc]

company [city] puts out poll would you prefer option a,b or c [company option is a,b or c]

if employees [fans] agree with preferred option...company [city] look fantastic...............

listened to the fans, did what the fans asked us to do..supercalafraga..superhololistic.....

if employees [fans] prefer different option, well that is just tough, as company [city]

still runs with preferred option citing health/safety/police/council has hindered decision.

as jrb states fans just have to accept it and over time becomes less of an issue and of

course some fans will still say how great company [city] were to ask for views first etc.

if the company has two equally preferred options and they are not bothered which.......

company runs a poll with x2 options.......

fans can choose either after heated forum debates on each of the options...................

company commits to fans preferred option & its all supercalafraga..superhololistic.....again.

theres always going to be some unhappy employees [fans] whatever the final decision,

but

at least we are in the position now, where we are beating the scum in their own backyard,

winning trophies, in europe [notice the comma after trophies], selling out games, needing

to increase the capacity, i see city shirts everywhere i go, [even those that pull & snag],

media are all over us, campus etihad........etc

so ALL CITY FANS, vote in the poll, if you get what you want great,[dont forget that

you might not like it once its done of course...], and if you dont get what you want, lets

just move on and enjoy the ride whilst shouting for city, wherever you maybe...[you may

of course be surprised and actually love it where you have been moved to...it happens!]

GP

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.