Relocating The Away Fans: Your Preferred Choice

Leave them where they are , if you want an atmosphere try singing instead of moaning . Go on try it you might like it

Third tier East Stand.

If they added another tier onto the south stand you would still have either side of the away fans for 'banter'. but then you would have one full end of city fans to create more atmosphere when songs do get going rather than our main atmospheric area being divided by away fans!

Away fans are too close to the action and can influence the atmosphere too much where they are. Look at all the big European clubs... Barely any have the away fans so close to the pitch.

jazzy said:
Leave them where they are , if you want an atmosphere try singing instead of moaning . Go on try it you might like it

They could sing Jazz songs maybe!! (sorry couldn't resist it) :-)

But to be serious, I think you are quite right, leave them where they are there doesn't appear to be any problems apart from people moaning about atmosphere and the away fans getting on camera, guess what folks, the cameras would probably follow the away fans!!

Can one of the MOD's please add a poll option. Many thanks.

1. Keep them where they are in South Stand Levels 1 and 2.
2. Move them to East Stand Level 3.
3. Move them to South Stand Level 3.

Any MOD Please.

Would like to know what the poll result would be on BM. Seems the majority are in favour of the East Stand or the current location

ninjamonkey said:
Why do so many people care about the away fans being in shot of tv cameras?

This.

Some people are obsessed by it.

Most people in the south stand went there BECAUSE the away fans were next door. The idea that moving the away fans so Sky TV can't see them and that they'll be replaced by all singing all dancing Blues is just deluded.

As for logistics and away fans - the segregation barriers at the end of the game just make for trouble on the road.

Loukas said:
Third tier East Stand.

If they added another tier onto the south stand you would still have either side of the away fans for 'banter'. but then you would have one full end of city fans to create more atmosphere when songs do get going rather than our main atmospheric area being divided by away fans!

Away fans are too close to the action and can influence the atmosphere too much where they are. Look at all the big European clubs... Barely any have the away fans so close to the pitch.

This.

It's not rocket science. They do it for a reason.

ninjamonkey said:
Why do so many people care about the away fans being in shot of tv cameras?

I don't understand this either. I can see why not having them pitch-side might be better for us but what it's got to do with being on TV I don't know.

I can see positives and negatives for all 3 options tbh... My initial feelings were to keep them where they are, for the "banter" but with us going to have 3rd tiers all the way around, then moving them up to either SS3 or ES3 will just mean the "banter" will take place between those sections...

If they go to SS3 then ES3 would be the place to be to bounce off them but for me the best idea, for atmosphere would be to put them in ES3... This will mean that the whole of the SS would be City and if they're doing cheaper tickets in SS3 for Blues then that will be the best place to have a go at/have banter with the away fans. It might see ES3 also become more lively...?

The more I think about it the more I reckon this is the option that the club will want. The only problems I can foresee are with away fans using the spirals before and after big games. I guess they'd just have to wait in their seats/in the concourse until most blues have left/been moved on...? It happens to us often enough.

But the advantages seem to out-weigh the problems for this option as segregation/access will be quite easy, flexible and consistent. Plus it leaves the cheaper seats and whole SS for us to reinvent as the heartbeat of the stadium. Leaving them anywhere in the SS just dilutes that IMO.

I also think that the club would prefer a level 3 option because that then leaves all of level 2 for the high-end/corporate "customers"...

But as JRB has asked, I think a straw poll on here would be interesting, just to see what people's initial opinions/thoughts are. It's difficult to gauge accurately from the posts alone as to what the preferred option is.

move the away fans to the top ,those,that want to have banter can move up there with them,thats for the good of the club,as a whole , imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.