Remember Bradford 87 (yes 87)?

Gary James

Today's the anniversary of a long, long run in which MCFC did not win away from home finally coming to an end. Anyone else remember being at Bradford 1987?

It was a Wednesday night and it seemed like the run would never end. Especially when we lost a 2 goal lead!

Great atmosphere in the away end despite the 34 away game run in the league which started after Gordon Davies (and his moustache) had scored in a 2-0 win at Spurs and included some belters such as the 5-0 Christmas hammering by Charlton at Selhurst Park and possibly the worst 0-0 I've ever seen at Oxford.

Remember being at Valley Parade that night was only 10 at the time , we got locked in after the game my dad told me to pretend I had fainted so the stewards let us out about another 10 people followed us out saying we were all together
Big family, ‘yeah, we all came in same car. That’s uncle Tommy, grandad George…’ I remember being at a Leeds game and they’d kept us in. We were all saying to police and stewards that they’ll be getting in position for when they let us out. Sure enough City fans had bottles dropped on them from the underpass and others were ambushed.

"
Was there and remember it like it was yesterday. Bit dodgy after going back to the train station. Mind you every game was in that era! Daft Donald on the train up calling us all jammy rastafarians and scrounging 10pences up and down the carriages.
"Daft Donald " is that the man that used to walk up and down Washway Road pushing a barrow?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.