Remember Bradford 87 (yes 87)?

If I remember right, which I probably don’t, Bradford were top of the league and not alone hasn’t lost at home but hadn’t even conceded a goal before that night.

I think Whitey was on the bench, unusually for him and came on and got the last one.
It was before I started doing away games but yes, I remember Bradford were top at the time and thinking we didn't have a prayer of winning. I recall listening to Piccadilly for this one but I think it was limited to score updates and going over to Brian Clarke after each goal rather than full commentary.

Not only did the floodlights fail but it must have been the electrics outside aswell.

We came out from behind the net and it was like a huge bank of stairs, a bit like Wembley tube station, in complete darkness.

Probably a bit dangerous thinking about it now.

Coincidentally I have just walked to the end of my road. Parked up was a D reg plate ex Finglamds coach. I expect it went to that match as did many others in the 80s.

I was 14 at the time and was was not allowed to go to away matches on a school night. I remember listening to the commentary from Brian Clarke on the radio with my late dad.
Christ, that's similar to myself. Cheering when something happened, and the old fella from the front room "Who's scored?".

Yes, next away game was 4-3 at Swindon. Heady days!

Obviously, we’d already broken the spell a little with the League Cup win at Wolves earlier in October too.
I went to that one. Remember it being a really gloomy wet day with everyone trying to get under cover. Cracker of a day out that one though. I went with the London supporters club that day on the train.

Remember going to Shrewsbury earlier that season thinking we have to win this. Sure we missed a pen from memory and it ended 0-0 in front of 6200 crowd!

Strange how the attendance was higher in 87-88 than the crucial promotion decider the following season when City could easily have taken 10,000+ if allowed
Instead the West Yorkshire Police did everything in their powers to stop us from attending.
It's almost as though there had just been a football tragedy and they were still blaming the travelling supporters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.