Remember Bradford 87 (yes 87)?

Sorry to be bitter about this. It was a sad day for football, sad and disturbing. How a club could let that happen was a crime.

It wasnt lfc or utd though so didnt get as much overage and outrage at the authorities. Death and tradgedy are a commodity with those clubs. But this disaster needed more of the focus and spotlight for how the fans, not pissed not raging to get in, they were just normal fans who burned to death in something totally avoidable.
this wasn't the anniversary of the fire , that was 11th May 85 this was anniversary of City winning an away league game for almost 2 years, you are correct regarding the tragedy though never gets the focus it should

I was there. It felt like we had been so close to an away win for a while and so any opportunity to get to a game and potentially be there had to be taken. It was a great game and lovely atmosphere. I seem to remember a very wet blustery drive back over the hills.

If I remember right, which I probably don’t, Bradford were top of the league and not alone hasn’t lost at home but hadn’t even conceded a goal before that night.

I think Whitey was on the bench, unusually for him and came on and got the last one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.