Repercussions - From the PL, FA, UEFA and within the Club

Dunno but it's here to stay.

In the 48 hours the ESL lasted they created:

Legacy fans
Non-competitive leagues
Games lasting less than 90 minutes

What a legacy!
Perhaps they had been listening to all the criticism on BM of fans leaving before the end and thought we wanted shorter matches.

The only repercussions I see is that the old guard have lost their seat and influence with UEFA.

City and Chelsea have most likely struck a deal (financial, political, probably both) that sees us come of it well, a bit of bad PR a small price to pay considering most fans hate us anyway.

Will there be any repercussions towards United and Liverpool in the media? Considering they were happy to be their mouthpiece and shout from printed articles, blogs and podcasts that City were bad for the game and that FFP is actually a really good idea, human rights and all that...To discover their masters were actually the evil idiots behind it all.

Relegated to the Northern Premier League, £100M fine, forced to play at the Academy Stadium, and a £100/wk wage cap with a £20 win bonus!

That’ll teach us!

WTF?!

Everyone needs to FORGET REVENGE and heed the warning that has been sent.

Much as it pains me, the German Model of community control of clubs is a very important factor in the success of the German game.

Clearly, there can be no cap on commercial revenues, but TV revenues should be shared (1/20th per team) and ticket prices need addressing.

There clearly needs to be £20 ticket for away fans. There needs to be an increase in away fan ticket allocations. Wembley SFs & Finals need to provide more tickets to FANS and £20 limit.

This entire debacle has to help create a “FAN-CENTRIC” discussion of football in England.

Yes, the Premier League is the crown jewel in world club football when it comes to GLOBAL eyes on the game. However, as even the Chairman of the ESL stated on TV, the game is turning off the 18-24 year old fan who has better, cheaper, often significantly more convenient, weekend entertainment.

City have a chance here to reinvent what a Premier League club CAN BE to their community snd their fan base. That could start tomorrow, with a significant reduction in SeasonCard costs, the most expeditious and efficient introduction of Safe Standing, and the expansion of the South Stand to create a “BLUE WALL” for standing fans.

We have an opportunity here. Let’s hope our ownership leverages it correctly for FANS.

I think these are great ideas and I would add to it...
a transfer fee cap- some formula involving averaging incomes of teams in the PL (or from various uefa leagues) though I could see a salary cap maybe coming along also, again a formula based on average revenues. (bin FFP)

I think if there were more clubs who could get 1 or 2 players the next level up from what they could currently afford in the transfer market, there would be more teams that would be more competitive and leagues would be more interesting.

tbf idc about how much money these owners rake in. I want to see exciting games and I want to see a lot more movement up and down the pyramid and lower teams in better financial situations... what I don't want to see is what the SL would've likely become very quickly which is fewer and fewer very good teams and some basement dwellers who because they are still making good money the owner doesn't care to invest in players. (it's like that in every american pro league.)

What if any repecusions come from the prem waffa or FA, will depend on what each club does in the next 24hrs.

Each club needs to give a full grovelling apology for being twats (arsenal only one up to now to say sorry) and someone at exec level need to fall on their sword and take responsibility.

We are fortunate that we operate on two levels as City and CFG, so even if Khaldoon or Soriano could make the sacrifice for the reputation of Manchester City and resign from the Club, they could still remain on CFGs executive overseeing the global sister clubs.

The Shiekh will have other close advisors he could appoint to replace khaldoon or even ask Li Ruigang to step into the role if he wished.

Get over it. The management have been nothing but outstanding in their roles ever since the takeover. They made a calculated bet and could have stuck to their guns to bury UEFA but it looks like reason prevailed and we listen to their terms and concessions. Asking for punishment for the club is frankly disingenuous and childish. Like a kid crying in the playground to mommy to slap the kid who took his candy. Not gonna happen.
I was going to “like” this until I saw “mommy” and “candy” ;-).

Think too many people are looking for a silver lining around this very dark cloud tbh.

Apart from joining the farce, once again it’s the culture of silence and lack of communication from the Mansour, Khaldoon, and Soriano that stinks. This them and us policy from the people running the club has been going on for 10 years. It now has to stop. But sadly it won’t.

I was going to “like” this until I saw “mommy” and “candy” ;-).

Think too many people are looking for a silver lining around this very dark cloud tbh.
Funny enough I was contemplating of using "mummy" and "lolly" but the ghosts of Americans that ruled my country possesed me to use those words.

What if any repecusions come from the prem waffa or FA, will depend on what each club does in the next 24hrs.

Each club needs to give a full grovelling apology for being twats (arsenal only one up to now to say sorry) and someone at exec level need to fall on their sword and take responsibility.

We are fortunate that we operate on two levels as City and CFG, so even if Khaldoon or Soriano could make the sacrifice for the reputation of Manchester City and resign from the Club, they could still remain on CFGs executive overseeing the global sister clubs.

The Shiekh will have other close advisors he could appoint to replace khaldoon or even ask Li Ruigang to step into the role if he wished.
Replace Khaldoon!
please give your head a serious wobble and when you’ve stopped doing it, wobble it again.
He needs a statue alongside Kun, Dave and Vinny.

Replace Khaldoon!
please give your head a serious wobble and when you’ve stopped doing it, wobble it again.
He needs a statue alongside Kun, Dave and Vinny.
Ferran will have to go, he can no longer be trusted and has no longer any credibility in football, he and the club have known about this for a long time, they knew they would not be in the Champions League next season.

The same applies to all clubs involved, this will have enormous repercussions for the clubs, especially the USA owned ones.

The Glaziers and Henry will sell quickly in my opinion, their time is done, they will never ever be accepted by the fans of the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.