Repercussions - From the PL, FA, UEFA and within the Club

I thought the CAS case was the messiest saga we'd ever face, this might just top it. When the dust settles and the ESL disbands officially, we could be facing sanctions along with the 12 that signed up. Would you agree this could be likely?

Points deduction from league
Suspended season from CL

Now for the more difficult conversation - should someone be held to account in our club - I assume Khaldoon is the man that will be in the firing line. Should he step aside?
From the perspective of fans, I may understand we want to protest Super League. But in terms of law, how can we get punished if we want to join another competition? Note that when we decide to join another competition, we didn't say anything about leaving the current competitions (CL, PL, etc.), we just join another additional competition, and that's it.
So I genuinely don't know how can UEFA punish us (ban, point deduction, etc,), base on which rules/law?

I thought the CAS case was the messiest saga we'd ever face, this might just top it. When the dust settles and the ESL disbands officially, we could be facing sanctions along with the 12 that signed up. Would you agree this could be likely?

Suspended season from CL

Now for the more difficult conversation - should someone be held to account in our club - I assume Khaldoon is the man that will be in the firing line. Should he step aside?
There would have to be very serious repercusions for all those involved in what so many City and other fans said was the death of football.
People were coming on here in existential crisis talking of gross betrayal by the club they loved since birth and protesting in anger that they would never darken the door of the Etihad again.

Poking around the debris after the project blew up City fans are trying to find some solace in what they perceive as our deathbed conversion having being the catalyst that, wait for it, "saved football".
I am having none of it, we were willing participants along with the other monsters in this footballing war crime and should suffer the consequences. At the very least this should involve immediate suspension from European football and a significant points deduction in the PL.
As befitting an offence of this magnitude those responsible at the top of the organisation for engaging in this obscenity must be held fully accountable following due process.

The only repercussions I see is that the old guard have lost their seat and influence with UEFA.

City and Chelsea have most likely struck a deal (financial, political, probably both) that sees us come of it well, a bit of bad PR a small price to pay considering most fans hate us anyway.

Will there be any repercussions towards United and Liverpool in the media? Considering they were happy to be their mouthpiece and shout from printed articles, blogs and podcasts that City were bad for the game and that FFP is actually a really good idea, human rights and all that...To discover their masters were actually the evil idiots behind it all.
Exactly. Whether this whole thing was by design or an accident, we are now in a far stronger position than we were a week ago. Several clubs opposed to us who basically ran the show have shown what they're really about and their own fans have turned their back on them(which really takes some doing!). They've had to resign from positions of influence within UEFA. The whole process has been in the background for 30 years and we had knowledge of it. We signed up in theory but publicly made it clear that we weren't keen on the idea. Our owners are smart. Is it really so inconceivable that- given our owners had all information available and a lot of time to think about it- we planned this from the start? The idea needed us onboard to draw it out into the open, my feeling is that this was a masterstroke. Call it naïve or blue tinted but it has all turned out very well for us and badly for our known enemies

Assuming contracts were signed you are in violation of EPL rules and surely the fact you left the ECA means you are no longer eligible to play in the CL? Or is that not being part of ECA means?

edit Ah I see now the ECA is no such thing, it’s just a feel good club and does not much

The statement on our web site was signed off by Joel Glazer. Nobody at City put their name to it. On Sunday there were a handful of clubs who effectively ran UEFA. Now they don't. Job done.
I would like to know who the fuck at city thought it would be a good idea to put a statement from Joel cucking glazier on our website in the 1st place

There will be none, uefa already talking about rebuilding trust.

But I'd take a 15 point deduction for all 6 premier league teams immediately. We'd still probably win the thing but united risk being turfed out of europe and arsenal in danger of relegation.

1) City 59 pts
2) Leicester 56
3) West Ham 55
4) Scum 51
5) Everton 49
6) Leeds 46
9) Chelsea 40
10) Liverpool 38
13) Spurs 35
17) Arsenal 31
18) Fulham 27
19) West Brom 27
20) Sheff U 14

Would be an interesting end to the season anyway!

Replace Khaldoon!
please give your head a serious wobble and when you’ve stopped doing it, wobble it again.
He needs a statue alongside Kun, Dave and Vinny.

Read what I said again

And no he doesn't deserve a statue, why? because he makes a nice video at the end of every season?

Couldn't be arsed making a commemt the last few days

Last edited:
Community control is more dangerous than what we have imo.
And that could be the consequence of our utter stupidity with all this. We could ruin ourselves long term with forced community control over clubs coming in.

I’m interested in the power shift within Uefa after this. Which teams had directors involved on uefa boards? They all resigned right? Who takes their place? Will we have anyone there now?
I wouldn’t be getting too excited about this whatsoever.

David Gill is still there, Rick Parry is still there, Javier Tebas is about to join and Karl Heinz-Rummenigge is said to be lined up for a big role. I don’t see a big power shift there at all.

Suspended season from CL

I said yesterday we should get a points deduction. But having thought more about it, I think the owners and CEOs should face the punishments, not the teams.

Sheikh Mansour should face a huge fine. But I don’t even think the Sheikh will have been involved in much of this, I think it will have been Khaldoon and Soriano. Maybe both should at least offer their resignations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.