Repercussions - From the PL, FA, UEFA and within the Club

although we were not the architects of this we still supported the idea so i dont see any real difference between us and the others. but no way could we or should we be sanctioned, we were still prepared to play in the EPL so was not breaking away 100%.

There would have to be very serious repercusions for all those involved in what so many City and other fans said was the death of football.
People were coming on here in existential crisis talking of gross betrayal by the club they loved since birth and protesting in anger that they would never darken the door of the Etihad again.

Poking around the debris after the project blew up City fans are trying to find some solace in what they perceive as our deathbed conversion having being the catalyst that, wait for it, "saved football".
I am having none of it, we were willing participants along with the other monsters in this footballing war crime and should suffer the consequences. At the very least this should involve immediate suspension from European football and a significant points deduction in the PL.
As befitting an offence of this magnitude those responsible at the top of the organisation for engaging in this obscenity must be held fully accountable following due process.
You’re probably right mate in terms of what would be the correct thing to do. However, there is absolutely no chance they ban all the major clubs from their main competition and load out on money through sponsors etc.

We put our name to something which shafted every other club. City should apologise and offer, as an olive branch, a large monetary donation to the Premier League charity partners.

We broke clear FA rules and threatened to bring the game into disrepute, no complaints if we are docked points. A 15-20 point deduction for all clubs involved wouldn't be unreasonable.

Further, we threatened the CL directly and thus our position in it is also tenuous. Ceferin seems on good terms with City and our being first to back away may well prevent punishment. Pep and the lads fought hard to get the semis and it's not their fault the owners dropped the bollock, our position in the tournament this year shouldnt be in question, but next year is anybody's guess.

Ultimately a period ahead of introspection for City and reconnecting with fans who have been alienated. I'll always support and love this club, my club, and I'm as glad as anyone to see the UEFA swamp drained of the rags - but mistakes have certainly been made and can't simply be swept under the rug.

Come what may, it feels good to be excited about watching and supporting City again. That's the most important thing for me.

Last edited:
Well we have seen who have been appointed at uefa last few days Tebas the racist and Gill the snake plus the new uefa champs league set that starts in 2024 are utter Shite! Are the media of supported saying anything about this!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.