Repercussions - From the PL, FA, UEFA and within the Club

Twas ever thus. The truth is this was an American led coup. They were the architects, the ring leaders, he major beneficiaries and chief shit stirrers who have spent a decade trying to stop City. Aided and abetted by their media acolytes they painted us as the bad guys.

So now, the narrative continues in that vein where all 6 are tarnished with the same brush. Now our owners invited that upon themselves there is no doubt about that but unless the club is careful, recent history will start to be rewritten and the American owned clubs will get off relatively lightly from both the media and UK football authorities, probably by UEFA as well.
They have already published their bullshit apologies.
I really do think City need to publish something quickly and actually DO something by way of penance. For example, anyone who has held a season ticket for 10 years or more gets next season either for free or £50. That is so easy to do and would distinguish our owners from the rest. Secondly, they need to be clear as to who were the instigators and do that publicly....what can they do to us now?

I still do trust our owners and am personally willing to lose a bit of my football soul for the success (I like thousands of others have done our time at Lincoln, Chesterfield and the rest) but thye need to rebuild trust and bridges and really show again they are different to others

UEFA has said that the 12 founding ESL clubs, including #ManCity, will face consequences - the first will be that “they will live with shame" with proper sanctions to come. Several big clubs are also asking UEFA for sanctions for the 12 clubs. [via
@mohamedbouhafsi

]#PL chief executive Richard Masters contacted executives today to request that they relinquish their roles on key Premier League sub-committees. #ManCity's Ferran Soriano was asked to step down from the Club Strategic Advisory Group [CSAG].

UEFA has said that the 12 founding ESL clubs, including #ManCity, will face consequences - the first will be that “they will live with shame" with proper sanctions to come. Several big clubs are also asking UEFA for sanctions for the 12 clubs. [via
@mohamedbouhafsi

]#PL chief executive Richard Masters contacted executives today to request that they relinquish their roles on key Premier League sub-committees. #ManCity's Ferran Soriano was asked to step down from the Club Strategic Advisory Group [CSAG].
Have not UEFA given Gill his job back 24 hours after he went to the ESL ?

When you see some of our own fans wanting new rules to be made up to punish us you just have to wonder if something has been put in the water. I mean it’s not like FFP was made up as well as new rules within it when we were due to clear it first time around.

I know a Chunk of our fan base can’t really handle the recent success and will willingly slag the club off to all and sundry but this self harming turn of events is just fucking madness.

The players and staff of which there a lot have done absolutely nothing wrong to deserve anything but our support and belief and not points deducted.
Trust is easy to break and can take a long time to build, especially if it needs rebuilding again.

People simply want to make sure the club don’t try something like this again, and very often punishment is the best way to teach someone a lesson.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually a 10 point deduction would be fun for all 6 clubs.

We would still be champions but on current standing:
City 64
MU 56
Leicester 56
WHU 55
Everton 49
Chelsea 45
Liverpool 43
Spurs 41

Moyes and Rodgers is all for it for sure. :)

Arsenal would be in for relegation with a small chance.:D

Trust is easy to break and can take a long time to build, especially if it needs rebuilding again.

People simply want to make sure the club don’t try something like this again, and very often punishment is the best way to reach someone a lesson.

But to hurt the players and staff who are blameless is counter intuitive to any supporters or should be. I am certain Soriano’s Christmas bonus might be a bit light this year mind.

Time to move on and monitor the reaction and efforts from the hierarchy.

But to hurt the players and staff who are blameless is counter intuitive to any supporters or should be. I am certain Soriano’s Christmas bonus might be a bit light this year mind.

Time to move on and monitor the reaction and efforts from the hierarchy.
I agree with that.

Maybe all the owners should face large fines or community service?

Paris Saint-Germain Chairman and CEO Nasser Al-Khelaifi has been re-elected to UEFA's Executive Committee as European Club Association (ECA).

Good news and bad imo. Corruption will continue but we should see ffp restrictions watered down with this twat influencing decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.