Repercussions - From the PL, FA, UEFA and within the Club

We dont owe an apology to any of these fuckers. We had clubs actively trying to get us booted from UCL caring not any of the facts involved only last year. We were at least a reluctant participant.

Its grating on me already the feigned outrage over this. How bored people must be ffs.

None of the six English clubs expressed any intention to leave the Premier League. Likewise, the Spanish and Italian clubs did not propose to leave their domestic leagues. Legally, there is no case to answer at this level. Any ramifications should be limited to the UEFA / ESL level where this power-struggle played out. And UEFA would be well-advised to engage constructively with those clubs which account for the bulk of its success. Prolonging a toxic atmosphere of bloodletting and recrimination won't help anybody in football. Positive engagement is the best way forward now.

The UEFA competitions would benefit from constructive reforms, but certain principles must remain sacrosanct. For me, these include qualification exclusively by merit across the board, and a competition structure under which any qualified club can be paired to face any other in a competitive tie. Yes, the largest clubs earn the highest revenues in a competition where they're constantly facing-off against each other. But, as a fan, I love to see City drawn to face a club they've never played against before. And for fans of those less-fashionable clubs, the chance to see their local team face one of the giants of the sport is everything dreams are made of. Perez's vision of eradicating ties like this on the grounds of lower revenues generated must never be allowed to prosper.

There has to be a place for ties against Lech Poznan, Aris Thessaloniki, TNS, Midjytlland, RB Salzburg, EB Streymur (and the rest) in these competitions - classics which we all remember with fondness. Those fixtures are part of club history, even though TV and matchday income may have been unremarkable. The magic dust will quickly evaporate if we play only the likes of Barcelona, Bayern and PSG every round.

Jeez sounds like some posters actually want us to get a points deduction or fine.
Fuck me

None of the six English clubs expressed any intention to leave the Premier League. Likewise, the Spanish and Italian clubs did not propose to leave their domestic leagues. Legally, there is no case to answer at this level. Any ramifications should be limited to the UEFA / ESL level where this power-struggle played out. And UEFA would be well-advised to engage constructively with those clubs which account for the bulk of its success. Prolonging a toxic atmosphere of bloodletting and recrimination won't help anybody in football. Positive engagement is the best way forward now.

The UEFA competitions would benefit from constructive reforms, but certain principles must remain sacrosanct. For me, these include qualification exclusively by merit across the board, and a competition structure under which any qualified club can be paired to face any other in a competitive tie. Yes, the largest clubs earn the highest revenues in a competition where they're constantly facing-off against each other. But, as a fan, I love to see City drawn to face a club they've never played against before. And for fans of those less-fashionable clubs, the chance to see their local team face one of the giants of the sport is everything dreams are made of. Perez's vision of eradicating ties like this on the grounds of lower revenues generated must never be allowed to prosper.

There has to be a place for ties against Lech Poznan, Aris Thessaloniki, TNS, Midjytlland, RB Salzburg, EB Streymur (and the rest) in these competitions - classics which we all remember with fondness. Those fixtures are part of club history, even though TV and matchday income may have been unremarkable. The magic dust will quickly evaporate if we play only the likes of Barcelona, Bayern and PSG every round.
Aris and Lech Poznan were among my most fondly remembered games at the stadium, much better than playing Shaktar or CSKA Moscow for the 756th time

There should be next season a minimum 30 pt deduction for the 6.
We cant be allowed to get away with this scot free.
No representation on PL and Uefa boards,No voting rights.No power at all.Just do whay it says on the notepaper Football Club play football.See if u can earn the right to win.
They tried to smash the game we all love and have to be punished.
Rant over.
Rubbish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.