Repercussions - From the PL, FA, UEFA and within the Club

Well
Apology, explanation and measures to prevent this happening again, that's whats needed.

Our situation is very different to Liverpool, United and Arsenal, we made an error in judgement for fear of missing out, we didn't create the whole thing.

That doesn't make it right and doesn't make us innocent, we need the 3 things I mentioned in the first line as a start.
I guess if you're got £5,000 000 000 to spend on transfers, wages and revamping the training facilities you might have a say in things.

This is Ceferins response

“City are a real asset for the game and I am delighted to be working with them for a better future for the European game.”

So repercussions, no nor should there be, benefits quite possibly.

Is this a true quote :
I am delighted to welcome Mcfc back to the European football family. They have shown great intelligence in listening to the many voices - most notably their fans.

president of uefa

I thought the CAS case was the messiest saga we'd ever face, this might just top it. When the dust settles and the ESL disbands officially, we could be facing sanctions along with the 12 that signed up. Would you agree this could be likely?

Points deduction from league
Suspended season from CL

Now for the more difficult conversation - should someone be held to account in our club - I assume Khaldoon is the man that will be in the firing line. Should he step aside?
No way. Khaldoon has done immeasurable good for the club. Thankfully, we're out, but we still don't have the financial details. A sanctioned UEFA version of the breakaway (it won't be a breakaway)will emerge with promotion, relegation and more money for the pyramid.

Last edited:
No way. Khaldoon has done immeasurable good for the club. Thankfully, we're out, but we still don't have the financial details. A version of the breakaway will emerge with promotion, relegation and more money for the pyramid.

not a chance a breakaway is happening now. They’ve seen the reaction. They will get laughed out of the room

I think we'll be heavily fined by the PL, the FA and UEFA. There will be a clamour for a points deduction in the PL and exclusion from the UCL and other cup comps but these will be suspended as a token slap on the wrist.
City will apologise to the fans and most, but not all, will be happy to forget the episode.

Sorry but if myself and a couple of colleagues went to set up our own company then at the eleventh hour I changed my mind then I’d expect to return to work without any malice and repercussions.
Shouldn’t be any punishment whatsoever in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.