Report: Manchester United On The Verge Of £1b Buyout

I think its safe to say this is bullshit, not a single real quote. Made out of jealousy for our financial position, supposed to give red tossers something to be optimistic about. In other words, their fucked and don't want to say it.

It's accepted the Glazers paid over the top and the greedy shareholders lapped it up. Value wise there is no money to be made as the debt has gone up over time meaning who ever buys is instantly in negative equity

#1. How the fuck is a company in 600 million of debt and making circa 30 million quid a year profit - worth 1bn quid. A company is worth 6 x EBIT isn't it? So 200 million at most surely?

#2. I hope these are some more jokes ala Pompey and County.

#3. I wonder if these rich dudes can reverse aging because as soon as baconface retires or curls his toes, then the house of cards will come tumbling down.

#4. Why would the Glazers sell it....I thought they were all big rag fans?

#5. Who the fuck reads the Screws of the World. They didn't find out about our take-over, so why should anyone believe this bollocks from the Sky chip paper?

Damocles said:
Several points here:

1) United's problem is currently that people lend a shedload of money to buy them. A consortium of 6 people won't be playing with their own cash.

2) Nobody is going to buy United. There's no money in it. United have saturated every possible market, have massive sponsorship deals and have some of the highest ticket prices in the league, there's no potential for growth, their fanbase is already as big as it's going to get. You'd have to put £200m in to the squad too, to get them winning leagues and CLs again after the older players have gone, as their youth just isn't good enough to cut it. So, you're going to spend £1.2bn, to earn what? £50m net per year? (presuming they win the league and CL every year). By that rate, it will take 25 years to show any sort of profit. This also doesn't take in to account the boom and bust nature of football. Just like the Italian and Spanish leagues, the Premiership's revenues will eventually drop, which means United's revenue will drop significantly.
Any businessman worth their salt, would buy a club who already has a big, new ground, plough a couple of hundred million into it and turn a profit in 5 years.

United are too big, and too oversaturated to buy for £1bn. They're probably worth half that.

Mate, you're kidding yourself here.Some of the stuff re:The Rags, on here is embarrassing.'Nobody is going to buy United' - have a word with yourself mate, it's childish as fuck.I hate to say this, but they're the biggest supported club in world football, have a long world renowned history for winning trophies, have had some of the worlds greatest players, are currently on the back of 3 straight PL title wins, a European cup etc and you've got them down as shit, washed up etc.They've had bids that the Glazers have previously turned down haven't they?And you think nobody ou there wants to own them?

I bet you really thought that a billionaire would come in for us, who'd won what in how many years and are little known world wide.They need £200m spent on their squad?What are you on mate?We've spent that and they're still sitting on top of us ffs.

I'm new to this place, but some of the posts are just embarrassing.

And who'd have thought that a billionaire would come in for us!I bet you knew.

BeatingBarca said:
Damocles said:
Several points here:

1) United's problem is currently that people lend a shedload of money to buy them. A consortium of 6 people won't be playing with their own cash.

2) Nobody is going to buy United. There's no money in it. United have saturated every possible market, have massive sponsorship deals and have some of the highest ticket prices in the league, there's no potential for growth, their fanbase is already as big as it's going to get. You'd have to put £200m in to the squad too, to get them winning leagues and CLs again after the older players have gone, as their youth just isn't good enough to cut it. So, you're going to spend £1.2bn, to earn what? £50m net per year? (presuming they win the league and CL every year). By that rate, it will take 25 years to show any sort of profit. This also doesn't take in to account the boom and bust nature of football. Just like the Italian and Spanish leagues, the Premiership's revenues will eventually drop, which means United's revenue will drop significantly.
Any businessman worth their salt, would buy a club who already has a big, new ground, plough a couple of hundred million into it and turn a profit in 5 years.

United are too big, and too oversaturated to buy for £1bn. They're probably worth half that.

Mate, you're kidding yourself here.Some of the stuff re:The Rags, on here is embarrassing.'Nobody is going to buy United' - have a word with yourself mate, it's childish as fuck.I hate to say this, but they're the biggest supported club in world football, have a long world renowned history for winning trophies, have had some of the worlds greatest players, are currently on the back of 3 straight PL title wins, a European cup etc and you've got them down as shit, washed up etc.They've had bids that the Glazers have previously turned down haven't they?And you think nobody ou there wants to own them?

I bet you really thought that a billionaire would come in for us, who'd won what in how many years and are little known world wide.They need £200m spent on their squad?What are you on mate?We've spent that and they're still sitting on top of us ffs.

There are lots of people worldwide who would buy united, problem being is that to do so would probably cost more like £1.5B depending upon the profit the current owners would want and need. Then the cost of revamping the squad and the pending retirement of bacon face. So how many people or groups could raise that cash? As the Damocles said what would be the return on such a large investment and would it make sense? Being a sports franchise there is no guarantee of success and you can bet that a period of no success would see the fans choosing a new club to support

BeatingBarca said:
Damocles said:
Several points here:

The point he is making mate, is that they are not worth 1bn by any stretch of the imagination. No business consortium is going to pay that. It's throwing money down the drain. They would never make a return on it. So if the valuation is so pie in the sky, then the whole fucking article probably is too.

He is right with what he says, if a consortium can pull together 1bn then it makes more sense to buy another well supported club, like the barcodes or the bin dippers, then throw 3 or 400 million at it and do it that way. They won't even be able to sell the club on in the future for a profit, if they threw 1 bn at it. It makes no sense at all. Even if you argue that the rags have a instant worldwide appeal, you could now say the same for Chelsea, whom were a relatively small club that had a relatively small amount of money thrown at it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.