Report: Manchester United On The Verge Of £1b Buyout

How long would it take investors to recoup £1Billion paid into a football club? Im thinking a very long time.

This to me is more of a gamble than the Glazers, and the reason for that is simple. These guys are obviously not in it for the money or to make money, which then raises the concern for United fans, is the club going to become their play thing? If it is, and they become bored it might be more satisfying to a blue to watch the demise of the club from uninterested owners than to guess how they are surviving their debts.

Damocles said:
BeatingBarca said:
Has anyone thought that these people are a Chinese led consortium? How many people in China? How many Rag 'fans?They've got a huge following in Asia.

If these fuckers get hold of United, and then grab individual tv rights for China and Asia.....they can negotiate any price they want.And we all know (those who aren't totally blinkered anyway) how big those ***** are over there.So, TV rights, more shirt sales after a re-investment in an already top notch side and............? And does anyone think that this consortium would plan a huge bid without KNOWING there's much to be gained?The Glazers (Yay!) thought about the profit and seemed to be doing ok until the global meltdown, these fuckers are coming in after and KNOW they've got a plan.

Thats my worry.

You're wrong about this one. United ARE NOT allowed to negotiate their own TV rights from Premiership games.
The league was founded over this very issue.

Even IF they broke the rules, are you telling me that rights for the United matches would go for more than $500m which is what the rights for the whole league were sold for last year? Even if they got $100m a year (which they won't), these guys would still need over 10 years to ever see a profit.

This is a dumb argument. I'm throwing business figures at you and you are throwing, BUt THEY AREZ A MASZSIVE XCLUB LOLZ!!"

You're also giving yourself away as a rag, as looking through your posts, you seem to praise United and slag City at every opportunity, but whatever.

Not yet, no.But who owns PL TV rights in China at the minute?Not sure, but maybe this consortium has an idea of the PL's/Uniteds future TV deals?

As I've said, you wouldn't stroll into a huge deal, just to make a loss or if you didn't have a very serious business plan for making cash and for that to happen, you need to be a winning team/club.The Glazers game plan seemed to be stable until the meltdown, now they and United are fucked.They'll HAVE to sell.

As for the 'giving yourself away as a rag' comment - how fucking childish is that?Just because I have a balanced view and aren't screaming "We're so the best team in the world!We'll win everything this season!United are shit!We're better than Chelsea!" Have a word with yourself.I've been there through everyting that this club has suffered pal.

And as for another comment in another post about owners 'getting bored'....that could happen to anyone, couldn't it?Our owners are here to makle money too, long-term.They had to spend a colossal amount because our team wasn't good enough.We're nearly there but they won't KEEP spending like that.

And anyway, all this United take-over talk is all probably bullshit paper talk.

Whether it's this mob or a future consortium, or the Sultan of Brunei, sooner or later someone is going to buy the Glazers out. There's no chance of the rags just dissappearing. I don't care personally. It would be no fun just winning leagues every year without competition. In the future we'll be right up there competing for everything & they'll probably be doing the same. Bring it on.

BeatingBarca said:
Damocles said:

You're wrong about this one. United ARE NOT allowed to negotiate their own TV rights from Premiership games.
The league was founded over this very issue.

Even IF they broke the rules, are you telling me that rights for the United matches would go for more than $500m which is what the rights for the whole league were sold for last year? Even if they got $100m a year (which they won't), these guys would still need over 10 years to ever see a profit.

This is a dumb argument. I'm throwing business figures at you and you are throwing, BUt THEY AREZ A MASZSIVE XCLUB LOLZ!!"

You're also giving yourself away as a rag, as looking through your posts, you seem to praise United and slag City at every opportunity, but whatever.

Not yet, no.But who owns PL TV rights in China at the minute?Not sure, but maybe this consortium has an idea of the PL's/Uniteds future TV deals?

As I've said, you wouldn't stroll into a huge deal, just to make a loss or if you didn't have a very serious business plan for making cash and for that to happen, you need to be a winning team/club.The Glazers game plan seemed to be stable until the meltdown, now they and United are fucked.They'll HAVE to sell.

As for the 'giving yourself away as a rag' comment - how fucking childish is that?Just because I have a balanced view and aren't screaming "We're so the best team in the world!We'll win everything this season!United are shit!We're better than Chelsea!" Have a word with yourself.I've been there through everyting that this club has suffered pal.

And as for another comment in another post about owners 'getting bored'....that could happen to anyone, couldn't it?Our owners are here to makle money too, long-term.They had to spend a colossal amount because our team wasn't good enough.We're nearly there but they won't KEEP spending like that.

And anyway, all this United take-over talk is all probably bullshit paper talk.
FUCKIN CHILDISH,you are dead right,its like 1984 on here,i thought forums were to talk about things ,how wrong was i,its like a play ground sometimes

Ricster said:
This to me is more of a gamble than the Glazers, and the reason for that is simple. These guys are obviously not in it for the money or to make money, which then raises the concern for United fans, is the club going to become their play thing?
We seem fairly happy to be in the exact same situation that you describe above.

Neville Kneville said:
Whether it's this mob or a future consortium, or the Sultan of Brunei, sooner or later someone is going to buy the Glazers out. There's no chance of the rags just dissappearing. I don't care personally. It would be no fun just winning leagues every year without competition. In the future we'll be right up there competing for everything & they'll probably be doing the same. Bring it on.

pffft ... personally i want uni*ed where they belong ... rock bottem of the conference

felixbg said:
Neville Kneville said:

pffft ... personally i want uni*ed where they belong ... rock bottem of the conference

Then you're in for a miserable future.

Dubai Blue said:
Ricster said:
This to me is more of a gamble than the Glazers, and the reason for that is simple. These guys are obviously not in it for the money or to make money, which then raises the concern for United fans, is the club going to become their play thing?
We seem fairly happy to be in the exact same situation that you describe above.

We aren't in the same situation though. We didn't have a huge debt, we dont have a stadium that cant be expanded anymore, we have land close to the stadium believed to have been bought buy our owner etc. Im pretty sure if Mansour was to sell today, he'd recoup his money. I cant see that happening across into Salford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.