Respect for other City fans.

I was sat on Tenby beech in the summer of '99 with my play-off final shirt draped over my chair. I deliberatley chose a position where anybody excessing the beech would naturally see 'the shirt'. A bloke and his family came and sat nearby and as i felt him looking at me, my thoughts were he was a utd fan. Anyway, he told me he was a city and i ended up getting sun burnt talking about city and the play-off final.

On holiday in Florida about 6 years ago, went into photo shop to get some developed, me and the lad in our City shirts and we hear someone singing blemoon in an american accent, look round and it was a big black guy serving at the tills. Went over had a good chat, turned out he was related to the Beckfords.

BlueMentalNurse said:
I wait outside a row of shops for my lift to work of a morning. Bloke pulls up in his car and goes into the paper shop at a similar time usually wearing a city bobble hat. I never let on as I'm quite a shy lass at heart but one morning after a win I plucked up the courage to say something, can't remember what it was but it was something along the lines of "Great game, we're doing well." Bloke looks at me and says "How did you know I was a City fan." Only then did I realise he wasn't wearing his hat that morning and I looked like a deranged stalker.

Did he get your phone number then? ;)

I had the ultimate encounter a few years ago in newark airport, making my way to sit down at our gate a guy a few seats away said "nice shirt mate" (I had the old round badge in the middle colin bell shirt on) it was only feckin johnny marr. To say I was made up was an understatement, anyway we chatted for a good hour about all things city(and music of course) one of the soundest guys I've ever met. Even when I said I'll get off and leave him in peace he said "no don't be daft it's a pleasure mate and plus I'm bored out my skull here" turned out he'd been playing with some american band cant remember the bloody name now though. Asked if I could have a photo as my mates would never believe my story of meeting a Manchester music legend otherwise(which he seemed quite humble about) and he duly obliged. Anyway here's the proof.

206-1.jpg

skysrblue said:
i wish 'real mancs' would show more respect for fans who dont come from manchester, yes we was there when we was shite. essex blue.

I can understand where you are coming from, but to be honest I have only came accross anything other than friendly jibes - banter on about two occasions at City or at away games following our club, and on both of those times the idiots that were having a go at me were not worth bothering about.
Many more times Blues were wondering about wtf were people from Northern Ireland doing spending their time off going to preston away and then staying for grimsby on the tuesday night etc, though earlier this year at the cricket clubs pre-season indoor nets one of our newer members (and a young lids fan for his sins), on seing my emirates MCFC training top thought it would be a good idea to ask me "how long have you been a City fan?"
Those that were standing about moved away pretty quickly as i retorted "longer than you have been alive son,"
Then when i had loosened up and removed the training top he came back to ask what year the top i was wearing was from, '99 the year we came back from the dead in time added on.
he has never questioned my blue blood since.
Living over here, I am always suspicious if i see a person in a City top that I dont know, as I have met most of the match going Ulster blues in this area either through supporters clubs events or meeting them at airport terminals of during boat journeys.
As we get better, and a more high profile, we are going to have more people from all corners of the earth wearing the famous shirt, but before you just castigate someone with a non-mancunian accent, remember that some of us were there during the dark days.

in rome first night of my honeymoon, take the mrs out for a meal. Sit down, and notice the bloke directly to my left has a city shirt on - he was speaking italian so didnt know if he'd speak english but thought fuck it, i'll give it a go (the mrs had noticed and could see the evening might be about to go tits)

turns out this bloke is a big lazio fan, but has been over to manchester loads of times to see city, he was so chuffed to meet a, what he called 'proper' blue, in rome - my mrs wasnt, though she took it in good humour - "trust you to meet an italian city fan on the first night of our honeymoon!"

the bloke was top, knew his stuff and kept ordering us drinks, still in touch

der bomber28 said:
I had the ultimate encounter a few years ago in newark airport, making my way to sit down at our gate a guy a few seats away said "nice shirt mate" (I had the old round badge in the middle colin bell shirt on) it was only feckin johnny marr. To say I was made up was an understatement, anyway we chatted for a good hour about all things city(and music of course) one of the soundest guys I've ever met. Even when I said I'll get off and leave him in peace he said "no don't be daft it's a pleasure mate and plus I'm bored out my skull here" turned out he'd been playing with some american band cant remember the bloody name now though. Asked if I could have a photo as my mates would never believe my story of meeting a Manchester music legend otherwise(which he seemed quite humble about) and he duly obliged. Anyway here's the proof.

206-1.jpg
Top, top story, you jammy bastard - getting to talk to Johnny Marr about football and music. I am officially jealous....

Had to move down to Birmingham a few years ago with work and on the first night in our house down there, our next door neighbour knocked on the door to welcome us. Couldn't believe it when I saw he was wearing a City shirt. Turns out he was from Sale and had been down there working for a couple of years.

Ian said:
Had to move down to Birmingham a few years ago with work and on the first night in our house down there, our next door neighbour knocked on the door to welcome us. Couldn't believe it when I saw he was wearing a City shirt. Turns out he was from Sale and had been down there working for a couple of years.

Me too mate, I know a few blues in B'ham now most of whom I'm really good friends with. I'd say that football is the best social vehicle when you're in a new place.

BlueMentalNurse said:
I wait outside a row of shops for my lift to work of a morning. Bloke pulls up in his car and goes into the paper shop at a similar time usually wearing a city bobble hat. I never let on as I'm quite a shy lass at heart but one morning after a win I plucked up the courage to say something, can't remember what it was but it was something along the lines of "Great game, we're doing well." Bloke looks at me and says "How did you know I was a City fan." Only then did I realise he wasn't wearing his hat that morning and I looked like a deranged stalker.
That my lady had me nodding. Top one. Hope you told him you'd previously clocked the hat?

MCFC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.