Respect for other City fans.

blue7071 said:
My brother, S/T Holder, is a traffic copper. A couple of years ago he stopped a speeder on the M62. Just about to write the ticket and saw the City keyring on the blokes car keys. They had a chat about the blues for about 20 mins and the driver was let off.

Good lad ........

and it shows that not all coppers are bar-stewards!

der bomber28 said:
malg said:
Top, top story, you jammy bastard - getting to talk to Johnny Marr about football and music. I am officially jealous....

Haha it was amazing mate, he looked genuinely chuffed when I told him I grew up around the smiths music(my mam was a huge fan) Told him one of the best gigs of my life was the first manchester v cancer gig, and hearing him and andy rourke play there is a light(my favourite smiths song) and actually getting to hear it live for the first time in my life, his answer. "Ah cheers mate means a lot that" feckin legend.

I met JM at a Healers signing years ago at Virgin Records in Los Angeles.
Had a nice chat and got ready to have my photo taken with him and the fucking batteries were dead in the camera. GUTTED!!!!!!
Anyway we had a conversation about City and the derby that was going to be played the following week. He said he'd be in Australia touring, but would make sure he saw it somehow.
I got up at 4am the next week to watch it. (Bugger)
It was the last one at MR "The Goater/Neville one" and I screamed the house down with each goal and having a chuckle at the thought of Johnny doing the same in Australia somewhere.

I have had a few run ins with fellow blues over here in the States over the years.
The most recent one was a couple of weeks ago when I was at an LA Galaxy game, just walking out of the ticket office and I passed a couple wearing City colours.
I invited them over to have a couple of "shandy's" with us and they obliged.
Turned out it was Bluemooner citizen blue and his Mrs, we had a beer and a nice chat about this place and City.
If you're reading this, nice meeting you, I hope you had a great time in California and Vegas.

Great thread. The last ever game at Maine Road,me and my Dad were at a bus stop,waiting to get the 192. On the way to the game,wearing our City shirts of course. Taxi pulls over,asks if we want a lift to the game. It being a taxi,I ask how much,but the reply is nothing,Im going to the game too. Spend the journey talking City,get dropped off at Platt Lane where the driver parks up and goes to meet his mate for a drink. Great gesture by a fellow blue.

too many stories to mention.

But the ones that stand out....
Was in Wales in a small village for a weekend with some friends about 5 months or so ago, one a Sunderland fan, and the other 2 Blackburn fans, came off the beach and went into a shop for a drink, i had my city shirt on and the guy behind the counter shook my hand and i knew straight away why, my 3 mates just thought he was a nutter...I tried explaining to them that blues are like family...but they thought i was a weirdo. Turns out he was from cheadle i think. small world.

Also....aaaaaaalways, no matter where i go abroad, i always meet blues, and there's always that mutual respect there for one another.

i woz in blackpool once on a stag do anyway on the sunday i was sat on the beech in m y city top this girl come over to me said she woz a city surporter so i said really she showed me her city tatoo on her back anyway we got chatting now 6years down the line we married n got 2 lil blues now just thought ad share with u ctwd

I was in Oban in Scotland a few years ago Celtic were playing Aberdeen on the telly (which i didnt know at the time) Anyway we walked into this pub it was full of people in green and white
But standing out from the crowd like he had a ray of sunshine beaming down on him was a solitery Blue shirt stood in the crowd.
Turned out he was from Levenshulme and had got a job up there (In the Chippy) :)

DaveH said:
I was in Oban in Scotland a few years ago Celtic were playing Aberdeen on the telly (which i didnt know at the time) Anyway we walked into this pub it was full of people in green and white
But standing out from the crowd like he had a ray of sunshine beaming down on him was a solitery Blue shirt stood in the crowd.
Turned out he was from Levenshulme and had got a job up there (In the Chippy) :)
i take it the "Blue shirt" was of the sky variety mate.

Coming home from Sri Lanka a few weeks ago, I ordered a cab to pick me up from the hotel and the driver shows up in a city shirt! I was buzzing all the way to the airport, other half couldn't believe it. Asked for a photo of us to put on the forum (do it tomorrow). Amazed me a random local so far removed from Manchester in a City shirt!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.